Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bargerman_gw

AlysEdwards Glass Tile

bargerman
15 years ago

Does anyone have tile by AlysEdwards? I've performed various searches, including on this site, and have found very little info. Their website isn't up yet. I'm looking for others who have used this tile, to hear their feedback.

We can't find a tile we like better, that has color and is neutral, than the Gigi Stiix-Hard Days Night, non iridescent. I'd post a link to a pic but I can't find any online, and all we have other than the 12x12 display at a local granite shop, is the small sample we have.

Oh, and we're looking to use it as a backsplash, including to the ceiling around the stainless chimney hood.

Thanks!

Comments (10)

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

all I could find was some basic contact information which you may already have...but here it is anyway

Here is a link that might be useful: tile

• oofasis
    15 years ago

I do! I do! We have the most gorgeous AlysEdwards glass tiles for our backsplash. They're Gigi stix but I don't remember the exact name. The standard size they make them in is about (guestimating here) 1/2" by I-forget. I chose to have them custom make them for me in a larger size, 1x8. We hadda wait a couple of months for them to arrive from Italy, but they're so worth it. They look like stained glass.

I can't access my photos in Photobucket or Kodak while I'm here at work, but I'll download 'em tonight so you can see.

• bargerman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Awesome. I can't wait to see it. One issue I have is not being able to see the tile covering a large area. I'm curious how the smaller, rectangular stuff looks.

The tile I gave the name for above has lighter blues, grays, and white in it. Although, we really like a few of the Gigi Stiix. Can't wait to see your pics. Thanks a lot!

and remodelfla - thanks for the link. That's about all I could find as well.

• oofasis
    15 years ago

I'm so sorry for the delay in responding. When I came home from work Monday night I was glued to the TV for all the pre-inaugural news. And Tuesday morning, when I usually have a bit of extra time before work (menopausal, so I'm up at ungodly hours!), I again couldn't peel myself away from the TV.

I apologize in advance for the darkness of these photos. I'm not very skilled with a camera. I do think the tile you're interested in is the same tile that we have because the coloration you describe is the same. Kind of like a stained glass, don't you think?

Once I saw these tiles I knew my backsplash search was over. They just knocked my socks right off! I chose it not just because it's fabulous (and it is!) but because it was the perfect complement to our Cararra marble counters. It doesn't compete with or overpower the marble, which is my heart's delight in the kitchen. Once installed on the walls, the tile backsplash became its own star! People often reach out and touch it.

I know the tile colors don't read "true" in my pix. The interior lights create an unnatural glare that kinda casts a yellow tint when there is NONE. It's a milky white background on the tiles.

/>backsplash

Here you can see that we brought the tiles up, over and even inside the window frame.

>backsplash

>backsplash

These are tighter shots -- do they help any better to see how the tiles look?

backsplash

>
    I took some outdoor photos of the tiles 'cause I have a complete box of them leftover and am gonna try to sell them on CraigsList.
    >outdoors

>outside
    I sure hope this helps you. Do let me know!

• bargerman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, thanks so much for going out of your way to post those. I remember seeing some of those pics in in another thread a few weeks ago!

That is cool. And although the tile we are considering is different, it gives me a much better idea of what it may look like. Thanks again.

• bodiCA
    15 years ago

Love that you went to the ceiling, Beautiful installation!

• leavermilya_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

Do you still have the remaining tiles? If so how many do you have and how much would you sell them for?

• candyvv
    15 years ago

I carry the entire line if you are still looking to purchase. Send me an email if so (candyv@consultant.com.

• alvesmaia_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

On this website you will find similar items to it. You might be able to find one that looks the same.

Here is a link that might be useful: Alys Edwards Glass Tile

• mehulsey
    12 years ago

AlysEdwards has a beautiful collection of glass tiles, and the Hard Days Night you are looking for is in the Gigi's Groovy Stixx Collection.

You have to purchase through a distributor. I'm attaching a link where you can see all the colors available!

Here is a link that might be useful: Gigi's Groovy Stixx-Hard Days Night

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio