Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buster_2007

Home Depot's Traffic Master Allure Flooring

buster_2007
16 years ago

I am thinking of using Home Depot's Traffic Master Allure Resilent Flooring for our entire house. It is a vinyal 'plank" product that is supposed to look like wood. Has anyone had any experience with this product? Pros/Cons?

Comments (5)

• bus_driver
    16 years ago

I installed some in a property where I do not live. Looked great at first. Now the seams are opening up and edges lifting. I do not plan to use this product again.

• buster_2007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the info, bus driver. I appreciate your taking the time to respond. Just curious - is it lifting everywhere or just where there may be water like the kitchen or bathroom? Any feel for how long before it started lifting?

• yule45
    16 years ago

My son put it in his Living Room, he has had no problems. He used it because he has 2 children under 4 years old and didn't want to put anything else down until after they got a little older. The floor has not given him any issues at all and the kids run toys, walkers, everything accross it and it shows no marks. Wipes up well. We are thinking about putting it in our lower level family room.

• barbcollins
    16 years ago

We put this in our bathroom and I love it.

It went down so easily, and looks great. We did this about 6 months ago, and we have not had any problems yet.

We are revonating a second home now, and I am thinking of putting in the basement "rec room".

Barb

• nanaofive
    16 years ago

Buster, We, well our two youngest sons installed about 700 sq. ft. of the oak color in our kitchen, living room, dining room and hall way about a month ago. It went down very easily and so far I love it, no lifting or gaps anywhere so far. I put down all the base trim, painted it white and caulked around it because our walls have enough texture that I couldn't stand the very small gap at the top of the trim. So far my only concern is getting new throw rugs so the floor isn't tracked in with so much mud. That's Oregon for ya'!

Sponsored