Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nurse1601

Desperate for decorating advice!!

nurse1601
15 years ago

This is a lil'l room off the MBR. neutrals with red accents in the MBR. Need advice for curtains and how high to hang them and what to put on these empty walls..I cannot seem to put this area together!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! New to this forum...

Comments (4)

• newhome09
    15 years ago

What kind of a color scheme do you have going on in the MBR? I would try to incorporate that into this area as well. Possibly use a little punch of color in the curtains. I personally really like the look of a window scarf with sheer panels in the bedroom. I notice you have some family pictures on the wall. If you would like to keep some family pics I might have some enlarged in B&W. You can get very artistic with family photos.

• debo_2006
    15 years ago

Welcome. Without moving anything in the room, here are my suggestions. The lone photo frame looks lost on the wall, and it too high all by itself. If you want to keep it there, you might want to make a wall display of photos - various sizes.

If you hang curtains, just go a few inches higher than the trim, and 4-5 inches out on each side (take the left side to the corner). But measure so the average 84" length falls at the right place on the window. I used grommet curtains on my sliders since they're easy to open and close by just pulling. For a lighter look, you can use sheers hanging from clip hooks, and they'll glide open/closed just the same. I always like something on my windows for a more finished look.

You need something over the desk. I'm thinking a large, colorful print from HomeGoods to soften that area. A metal piece would be too heavy there, and it's not the right place for a mirror. You definitely need some color in the room.

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

It would help to know what the colors and theme are in the MBR since this room is so open to it.

A couple questions though..........Is this the only place in the home to keep the animal cages? Also, when you mention wishing to purchase curtains, are you referring to putting curtains around the patio door? Do you intend to try to match the patio door curtains to the curtains you are now using as a room divider?

Phtotos from another angle of the room would help.

• nurse1601
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank all of you so much for all the advice..to answer some of the questions:
    MBR is dark wood furniture with beige and accents of red
    Actually the poor lil lone picture is a jewelry box..with family photos on the wall, I know I have to move it..don't really know what to put there..
    Yep, the dog crates need to stay, so DH built the bench and I found the crate covers on the internet..we downsized to this house and we are really storage challenged..
    the "room divider" is made of fabric and stacks back...
    I'm really thinking the patio doors need something to soften them...