Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jellyben_gw

Window treatment for a double window!

jellyben
12 years ago

I would love to do a flat roman shade but if I do 2 separate inside mounts then we can't open the window all the way! Would one big shade be too big? Would 2 outside mounts look OK? Any pics of similar windows? Thanks!

Comments (12)

• amj0517
    12 years ago

I would either do two inside mount shades, or one outside mount that is hung close to the ceiling and is wide enough to cover all the trim.

• jab65
    12 years ago

I think a flat Roman shade that large would be heavy and difficult to raise and lower. That might be a consideration for you. Do you like your woodwork to show or be hidden?

• jellyben
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The woodwork is nothing special so I don't mind if it is hidden. As far as the roman shade, I was thinking of making it a fixed one so functionality isn't an issue. I just can't find a picture of what I want!

• marcolo
    12 years ago

You can do two separate shades under a single valance to the ceiling.

• annzgw
    12 years ago

I don't know how you can hang anything outside mount and still use the cabinet to the left.

Are you wanting to soften the windows or just have privacy when you need it? If you just need occasional privacy then I'd go with inside mount cellular shades. Just be aware that when they're down, they won't hang perfectly straight where the windows overlap.

• mom2sethc
    12 years ago

Hi!

My roman over my sink window is "fixed". It doesn't open or close. I've also included a pic of my inside mount romans in my family room.

Elaine

• natal
    12 years ago

We have roman woven woods in two rooms with the same window configuration. All windows can be fully opened.

• jellyben
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks all so much, and Elaine, thank you for the pictures. I don't know how I got it in my head that an inside mount would mean I couldn't open the window, silly me. I am leaning toward the inside mount, now I just have t find fabric...

• stolenidentity
    12 years ago

I would just leave them untreated. Unless you need something for privacy, sun, etc. Those are some big beautiful windows! If you must have something on them, how about just a light curtain that can blow in the breeze when they are open?

• User
    12 years ago

I'd go with two inside mounts.

• nostalgicfarm
    12 years ago

I would do 2 inside mounts for sure. You probably just won't be able to lift the windows the final top inch or two.

• blubird
    12 years ago

I really don't see enough depth in that window casing to install an inside mount unless you are making 2 separate fixed inside mounts. As to an outside mount, I can't tell if I'm seeing the side or front of cabs on the left. Installing an outside mount would interfere with the cab if that's the front door of the cab.

Helene