Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Happy St. Patty's Day!

anjabee
16 years ago

Top of the morning to ya and Happy St Patty's Day! Hope you all have a green day and no pinches! ha ~Anj

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

I wore green so I would be safe from pinches. LOL Hope everyone has had a bit of fun today.

Anj, did I tell you that I bought that long sign I wanted? It says "If you're lucky enough to be Irish, you are lucky enough." Not sure if I posted a pic on here or not, so I'll go find it for you. It fits great on my living room window ledge. Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey Luvs~ You did post your sign over on discussions and a couple of us commented on it. It's really cute, but I still think you could have painted one just as good. Sometimes it's just nice to buy it already done though.

Glad you had a good day. I did too until just a little while ago. Went out with the family to Joes Crab Shack and after trying twice they still got my order wrong so I just gave up. I was so ticked that I couldn't even eat so I brought it home and crammed it in the fridge. Idiots. I think I got so mad because I was just looking forward to those parmesan shrimp and I never got my shrimp.

Tomorrow is a new day. I'm going to bed. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Anj, It's that "old age" thing creeping up on me--I thought I had shown you my sign, but then couldn't find it! LOL Sorry.

Oh, that is horrible about your shrimp. How can they mess up shrimp????? My DH would have demanded a refund I think--but I'm like you, I would just say "forget it" and go home.

Hope today is better, has your snow melted? We were pretty chilly yesterday morning, much nicer this morning. I got my gate post and the front of the shed trim all painted. It looks so crisp and clean with the new coat of paint now. Really tells me I need to do the same inside to get that nice fresh clean feeling inside too. (Big Sigh)

Well, I'd better get the St. Paddy's stuff down--time for Spring and Easter things to come out now.

Son and family are coming over for Easter dinner and an egg hunt for GD. I need to get her a basket filled. We dyed eggs when she was over on Sunday. Found these "rainbow" ones that you put the egg in a little plastic bag, drop a few drops of colors on it and squish it around to cover the egg. Came out pretty and marbelized and NO MESS. Yeah! She was able to do it herself, and was very specific on what color combinations we used. She is really into "Rainbow" right now--even told her daddy they should paint their house those colors! LOL

Catch you later. Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey Luvs...the snow has melted and it's gonna hit a high of 61 today.....only to be replaced by 40's tomorrow and rain/snow. ha It's been whacky weather. It will maybe get up to 51 on Sat when we are doing our family Easter get-together. I am hopefully going to get my Easter stuff down today. I hate to even bother since it's so close to the day, but I can leave some of it up afterwards. I am having TS withdrawals. ha But I'm also working on spring cleaning still. Have a big long list of to-do's for today. Your house sounds like it's looking so fresh and pretty. I'm jealous. My flower beds are all brown and crackly looking.ha And I didn't get all my little decorations picked up and they are all falling apart so I'll need to operate on those soon. ha

I got the Easter bunny taken care of yesterday.
    I got the tie dye egg decorating kit. Is that the one you got??? Too funny. We are having our thing on Saturday. Doing ham, roasted chickens, veggies, potato salad, rolls, desserts and punch. I'm sure I'll gain back every lb I lost in one day. ha

Shoot, time to take the kids to school. Later....~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Hi Anj, Sounds like you are on the way to being ready for Easter. Our egg kits sound alike. Sure was nice and easy and the eggs came out pretty and shiny. (I sorta miss the old soft pastel solid color ones I think!) LOL

I made up the plastic eggs to hide for little GD and got her basket put together--just need to run up to Dollar Tree to find a pretty bow to put on top. I just love that clear wrap--makes my homemade creation look so "professional". LOL

We're having ham also. Everybody is "dieting", so I'm trying to not make so much food this time--I'm sure we will still end up with leftovers!

I put up Easter decorations yesterday, not much different from last year. Don't think I will do an Easter table to share on Holidays--our real Easter table has the centerpiece removed and replaced by the ham surrounded by all the other dishes of food! LOL

Better get busy, need to refind the new dessert recipe that I want to make to be sure I have all the ingredients on hand, then head off to the store. Hope you get all your to do's done as well. I'll talk to you later.

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

We are all dieting too, but that didn't stop us from stuffing ourselves and splurging on the desserts yesterday. ha We had a great time and it was only a little chilly for the egg hunt. We had a fun day.
    I ended up putting out all my Easter stuff. I'm glad I did because Neleh has had so much fun with the stuffed rabbit collection and the little chicks that "peeppeep" and ducks that waddle. ha She loved dying the eggs and she was so thrilled that "that rabbit" came to visit her and bring her goodies. She's had a fun time with it this year as I'm sure it has been for your GD. Ya'll have a wonderful day today! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Oh, Anj, I'm so glad the weather was nice enough for your egg hunt. Our "girls" are at such a cute age now aren't they? Everything is so magical to them--makes it new and exciting for us too! LOL

Our day was mixed--lots of fun with the hunt and when she saw the "footprints" I created up the sidewalk across the patio and in the door. However, she didn't want to eat lunch, and they are trying to teach her that she needs to eat at mealtimes and not ask for snacks all day. So they told her, no lunch = no dessert, no Easter treats! What fun is it to find a big ol basket of playthings and goodies if you can't even eat a "peep" or bite off the chocolate bunnies tail? (I know discipline is important, but just wish they could have relaxed it for the holiday.) So I got the sprinkler out and let her play in the water, and we played with her new coloring book and gel pens and then we read a story together. All in all, it was a good day and we all had a nice visit and the weather was just gorgeous. (We hid the plastic eggs just before they got here and the little chocolate candies were already getting soft when she opened them!) LOL We had the doors all open and the ceiling fans going. Made me realize that HOT weather will be coming all too soon--I really love Fall, Winter, Spring, but don't do well when it gets around that 100 degree mark.

Next month we have DS birthday to celebrate. I think I will start "talking" with her about how we will eat some lunch so we can have "birthday cake" later, so it won't turn out the same way! LOL

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I think they are so strict on her because she is an only child. I was the same way with my first. I would parcel out her Easter basket to her a little at a time. Now I'm like...eat it all in one day please and lets get the hidden wrapper phase and the hyperactivity over and done with. ha I relax all the healthy eating rules on the holidays. My kids thought they were in hog heaven with all the desserts, candy and sodas at their disposal, but this week it's back to being health conscious. I just drew a blank, was it you who is expecting another grandbaby?

It's so nice today as long as the sun is out. I had to take my mom to the eye dr unexpectedly this morning. Part of her vitreous gel stuff in her eye detached from the optic nerve. They thought she had a detached retina, but it's not that bad although without treatment she could go blind. She was getting floaters and flashes in her eyes and she has a dark spot that she sees on one eye. He said that will fade in about 3 months. Anyway, we had lunch and stopped at the TS on the way home. I got some books and what looks like a hand carved oblong wooden bowl and a long peg board for a buck. Got chatting with a woman in there and I was thinking about you. Was wondering if we'd met like that in a TS if we'd have walked past each other or hit it off. ha She showed me all her finds, some she was buying for an elderly woman that didn't get out much and some very pretty glass vases that were a different almost turquoise blue color. Again I thought of you and your totems. She invited me to her community yard sale in May. I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for it in the paper. We didn't stay long so I managed to keep my purchases to a minimum. ha
    When we got home the sun was warming things up so much that I put on shorts and DH and I went out and laid on the hammock. We were out there for about an hour and the sun went behind the clouds and I got cold and had to come in. ha It was nice while it lasted. Warm weather will soon be here and I'm looking forward to it. Ready to do yard work and add a few new things to our yard. Maybe we'll get that firepit done this year, the playground area and the back flower beds put in??? I hope anyway. ~Anj