Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Ordered two new books

luvstocraft
13 years ago

Artist Club kept sending me their emails and I succumbed to temptation and ordered two new Renee Mullins books! One was on clearance but not both. They are so cute and colorfull, I love just looking at them! I'd better get busy and cut out some wood so I can try my hand at painting a few things. One of my relatives loves kitties, so there are a few kitty patterns that I think she would love and of course, I love the snowmen.

So what patterns are you looking forward to working on? Anyone going to paint things for Valentine's? Or maybe St. Patrick's? I know allot of painters start thinking about Spring and painting things for their flower beds and gardens for when the snow is gone.

Luvs

Comments (7)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Luvs, I'm as excited as you are that you have two new books. I love seeing all your new creations and this could be your inspiration. I hope others will be painting and posting some Valentine and ST Pat projects.

I haven't thought about painting anything yet. Still have alot going on with the businesses that need attention. DD's birthday is Friday so need to make sure it's Special for her.

Punk

• calirose
    13 years ago

Renee has some of the cutest things! Which 2 books did you order? I liked the Welcome home one. The one per month was cute too - definitely something already planned to keep one busy all year!

You do such good work in your painting, I'll be looking forward to seeig what you have painted!
    cali

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

So....again....which two did you buy? I really like painting her patterns, they are just plain fun!

Punk....sure hope you get your new business open soon so you "maybe" can have more spare time!!!!!

As I was given several gift cards for Christmas, I too, went shopping not only for a new book by Shirley Koening, ya! I'm gonna do more birds and butterflies and maybe some dragonflies, but for some better brushes and a DVD on floating....my floats are getting so bad or is it that I am just noticing them? Either way I do need to do some practicing!

My DGS will be 19 tomorrow...where has the time gone? He spent the weekend with us and played with the dogs in the snow. The puppy legs are so short that he is close enough to the ground he was plowing the snow with his chest. Then he tried "fetching" snowballs, so funny.

Still haven't finished the last of my snowmen, only part of one to go. I want to paint my walls before taking pictures. And to do that I need to get busy, you all take care.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi gals, the two books are Chilly Chatter and Home is where your flowers bloom. Calirose, I bought that Mini Seasons book earlier as well as one called Christmas Spice. So far I've only painted from the Christmas Spice book. I like her designs and the colors she uses, they're just fun which is what I like.

Punk, I too hope things work out okay with the new location so you can get settled in and hopefully have more free time sometime soon. I'm sure you are missing sitting there creating your pretty projects.

Belle, I could just picture your doggie plowing through the snow. Too cute! I'm looking forward to seeing the remainder of your snowmen too.

Luvs

• calirose
    13 years ago

Luvs, 2 great books - you are really going to be busy this year!

Punk, sure hope that you get settled in your new location, that must be a pain in the neck right now.

Belle, ditto on seeing the rest of the snowmen!

• anjabee
    13 years ago

I tried to post to this earlier today, but it kept shutting down?? Anyway, Love Renee Mullins! I know you will enjoy having more of her fun patterns to paint! She is one of my favorites too.
    I am going to paint tomorrow. Going to try to finish up the things I started before Christmas and then start working on some of the ideas I have for the boutique sales. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

I can hardly wait to see all the new projects you gals are working on. I love to come here and see projects. I have several of Renee Mullins books I got for Christmas a few years ago but never seem to paint much from them. Guess we don't always know what we want.lol

Punk

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH