Software
Houzz Logo Print
dlipetz

Design question, please help!

13 years ago
So I think we have decided on this tile. However, the closest dealer to us with Chapter 16 in their showroom is almost 2 hours away! I have a couple of questions:

We want to do the same floor as this. We are thinking of doing Madison pattern for shower floor.

Do you think the Lexington with gramercy grey would be good for whole shower wall or should we also add a city line border with the Lexington on shower wall? Shower will be all glass but for 2 walls. We are getting an MTI freestanding tub next to glass shower.

Also, in terms of matching marble, what should we choose for vanity top slab? Would we go with statuary, Carrara or Venetio? Not sure which matches wall street white best?

I am in love with this tile. I only wish you had a dealer or showroom in Philly!!!!!
Traditional Bathroom · More Info

Comments (17)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hello and thanks for your questions. I just want to make sure we are on the same page. In the picture shown we use the Times Square pattern on the wall. Are you looking to do this same general design, just substituting the Times Square pattern for the Lexington pattern? I have attached a picture of Lexington in Grammercy grey.

    I think the Lexington pattern in Grammercy grey would do just fine as your shower wall. Personally I tend to design these rooms with "less is more" in mind. I think the city line boarder would be conflicting. It has curve shapes where as the Lexington pattern focuses on geometric shapes. If I could I would probably use the "wall street white" crown to run the outside edges. That is what we did in this install.

    For the Slab top, I would go with statuary with as little veins as possible. That would be the closest you could get to "Wall Street White" in a marble slab. I have attached a photo that includes us mixing wall street white with statuary so you can see the slight hue difference. The tile on the base board is a variant of "statuary" from our Chapter 3 collection "Stream Stone" called "West-End White." And the tile above it is the Broadway Pattern from our chapter 16 collection laid out to make a plaid pattern.

    I hope this helped. Be sure to send us photos when you are done with your bathroom we'd love to see them.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for your help. I have been looking for months for our tile, as I feel it will be the centerpiece of our bathroom along with our tub.

    My husband thinks less is more too. But yes, my original idea is herringbone on floor and then lexington on shower wall with Madison on shower floor. I think my worry is too plain.

    One other thought is Madison on shower floor, subway patterns 2/3 up, the a crown and then Lexington rest of way. But I may be over thinking. Its helpful to know what marble to get for vanity top. It's hard to tell on the picture, but the herringbone wall street white looks like it has some grey (which I like) without being too veiny.

    I may drive the 2 hours to see the tile. I will also look at pictures of your west end white as well.

    Another ideas or thoughts you may have will be welcome! If you think there is another option other than Lexington we should consider or shower wall. We are putting a lot of money and time into this bathroom and I want to get it right! We will, of course, send pictures when it's done. And hopefully it will be knock dead stunning :-)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I would pick one pattern or the other and do the wall. I don't think this will make it look too plane. C.16 is all about those sparkle little Gems, as the colored pieces are polished and the white tiles are dull To really make this item pop may require some minimalist design. I tend to think if you do a transition between two different mosaic pieces it may be too chaotic and clashing. If I really wanted to set this installation apart, or separate ares you could use the grey Madison pattern on the floor and in the niches, and maybe carry that up the wall about 1-2 feet or so as a basin marker, then using a dome transition it into the Lexington pattern. This might give you a little more POP without overwhelming the senses.
  • 13 years ago
    Interesting idea! I had thought of using grey Madison on floor but saw it only came in polished and that might not be good for shower floor application? Was advised honed is better. Maybe not? Do you think we could do the same thing with wall street white Madison going up 1 or 2 feet if we can't do grey?

    Whoever you are, thank you for your advice!!!! I think the designers of Chapter 16 are brilliant! Just love the whole line.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You sure can and that may work for you. I would think that since you are going to have so much grout area present with the little Madison mosaic that might be sufficient for slip resistance so the polished might not be a problem, but you may want to check with your installer and people whom are familiar with code in your area, as I have not tried this in real life and I don't want to tell you something that is not plausible. But either way it may give you a nice desired effect.

    Thanks so much, I am glad you love the line so much. We worked really had on C.16 to really create that awe inspiring impression. I wish you the best on your installation. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask anytime.

    Make sure you stay tuned, we are working on some fantastic new lines to be released in the future and maybe yourself or some friends might be interested in some of our newest future releases!
  • 13 years ago
    After much discussion, think we have decided:
    Madison white on shower floor. lexington grey on shower wall with Madison grey niche. Herringbone wall street white on bathroom floor. Ah, months of looking over. Construction starts in 6 weeks. Will send you pictures upon completion. Very happy for Houzz. Without it would never have found our tile or often the great advice!!!! Now we just need a Jeffrey Court retailer in Philadelphia.
  • 13 years ago
    One more thing? Grout color for bathroom and shower?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great to hear. I would choose a bright white grout color so it will match the tile. I think any other color would probably stand out too much, plus the Wall Street white may soak up some of the grout color on anything other than white. I have attached a photo of an installed Lexington pattern as a tub surround using bright white grout. Make sure that your installer seals all of the stones prior to grouting to make clean up easier and that you follow a regular stone maintenance regiment to keep those stones looking their best for a long time. Your tile showroom should be able to give you more details and recommend specific sealer products for you. Also I highly recommend ordering 10% or more extra just in case of installation breakage and to ensure you have extra in-case of future damage and tiles need to be replaced in the future. I am sure your bathroom is going to look fantastic and bring you lots of joy in the future. Thanks for choosing Jeffrey Court!
  • 13 years ago
    Our tile is going in next week. After months of planning and so far 5 weeks of construction, wet bed laid today. The tile looks beautiful! Will post pix when complete. Other than the misprint of the Madison floor tile being honed...it's not, it's polished...we could not be happier. We ordered this tile because of picture on Houzz. It's more spectacular in person!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Awesome to hear, I look forward to you pics! I am over-the-moon for you! I am sure it is going to come out spectacular!
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    I am considering Times Square Gramercy Grey and would love to see how your bathroom turned out.
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Wow that looks great! Do you have an instagram?

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Post these images on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #JCIBOB to enter our Best of the Best competition. We are giving away an iPad Pro, $500 AMEX, and $250 Amazon gift cards to our grand prize winners. Details at www.JeffreyCourt.com/BestoftheBest

  • 10 years ago

    @Jeffrey Court - Thanks! Posted a few on your Facebook page.

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Thanks for the photos. I see that you did a random pattern on the Times Square in the shower. Interesting.
    What did you use on the floor?
  • 10 years ago

    Not random in the shower. Here is another photo. Floor is Madison 12x12