I found some cool plates!!!

carolann_z8
15 years ago

I found some really cool plates. This is a few of them:

{{!gwi}}

Comments (19)

• curbdiver1954
    15 years ago

Those are wonderful! Esp the cup and saucer on the right! So hard to find cute plates where we are....looks like you really lucked into some pretties!

Pat

• doone
    15 years ago

Nice! I love the plate....I can see that as a center for a backsplash! I can see a cute pansy in the cabbage tea set! Yup...at my house!!!

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, it's going to be hard to break them up because they don't even have a chip on them.

The floral plate is really big.

• chickencollecter
    15 years ago

I'd never be able to break up that cabbage cup and saucer set! Great finds.

Be Safe, Rach

• toomuchglass
    15 years ago

ooooooohhhhhhhh ---- they ARE beautiful !!!

Whatcha gonna make ?

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I may not be able to break up the cabbage cup and saucer. It's my favorite. Maybe it'll have to go on display in my potting shed.

I went crazy and bought a lot of antique plates and have several projects in mind. I want to mosaic a watering can with some and maybe a mantle with some.

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

What a find! They are SO pretty!!! I especially like the little cup and plate on the right.

• pjtexgirl
    15 years ago

I second saving the saucer and cup. It's really neat! I didn't know you planned to smack it one! The other plates are going to look so good as a mosiac. PJ

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Carol if you don't break up the cabbage set make a cup and saucer bird feeder for your garden or just stick it in a pot thats what I do with mine.If you want to know how id do it I'll post a picture.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Crackpotannie, making a bird feeder out of my cup and saucer is a great idea!!! You are brilliant!!!

I would be your bestest friend if you would post a picture.

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Here is step by step of how I do it,I've used plates with neat things on them too,like figurines,frogs all sort's of things,once sold 500 of them in 3 day's at an art show.There are easier way's to make them but I have found these last for years in your yard.I buy a tube of waterproof epoxy at ace hardware,the kind with 2 tubes made together,squirt some out on a paper plate and mix up really good,I use enough that it oozes out then just wipe off with paper towel.I use a screww type washer ,and a large washer that it fits right in the hole ,I glue those on,then I glue the smaller washer on top of them to keep it all level.First we bought threded pipe the size that would screw in the screw washer,cut them the length we wanted and then bought copper pipe to fit over that pipe leaving enough at the top to screw on,we made it a couple of inch's longer and hammered it closed at the bottom which would stick in the dirt better.The copper gives it a nice look.Hope I'm clear if not let me know,I some just drill a hole in the cup and saucer and screw into wood,I had seen one made the way I made it and it lasted so long I stuck with this,after a couple of years if they fall off I just reglue.....This ones been in the yard 3 yrs.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for posting this Annie. That is so cute with it sticking out of the pot. I have those same pink and white plates on your pot.
    I can't wait to try this.

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

You can make your rod's as long as you want,most I made about 3 ft to stick in my flower bed's or shorter for a pot.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

WOW. that is one cool idea. Thanks Annie.

Carolann, if you do one, please show us pix. Pretty Please, with sugar on it??

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sure, I will be glad to. It started getting hot here this week (almost 100*) so I may wait till it cools down a little before starting it.

• pjtexgirl
    15 years ago

Brilliant!!! C'mon Carol you have LOTS of trees with shade! What's a bit of TX blazing,humid heat to stop you? Maybe you could work on it while IN the pool? LOL! PJ

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good idea PJ! I can build a raft and float around the pool while making my cup and saucer bird feeder.

Life is sweet!!!!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Did you find all of those together in one day? You lucky duck! They are ALL wonderful! I love the big plate and the leaf cup and saucer. Oh, and then there's the ones on the right! I feel a need to go shopping right NOW! (grin)

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks you guys. I actually found a ton more plates and most were found at a huge sale called "Antique Alley". It's a sale that goes from town to town along the highway and has everything for sale. They have one every spring and every fall.

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert