Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avesmor_gw

Creative thinkers - what would you do with...

avesmor
11 years ago

I hate cliffhanger titles, but I couldn't fit it all in. Sorry. :)

In my MBR I have the Westbrook quilt from JCP's Linden Street line. It's actually oriented wrong in the picture, the blocks run horizontally to the bed. Just the quilt, not the shams & all:

Today I scored two more of the exact same quilt for about $10 combined (!!!). They're still going for $120 in the stores, so if nothing else I can put them on ebay. But I thought I might be able to use them somehow. I don't really want to use the same bedding in another room, so I was wondering what creative decorator types might come up with...? Here are some of my initial thoughts:

We have a LARGE pillowtop mattress. The existing quilt barely covers the mattress. To make it look like it should, I actually borrow some length from the far side that no one can see. Thought maybe a seamstress could deconstruct the new quilt, and somehow merge the two so that I had one that was plenty long/wide. But that may be way too much PITA for anyone to undertake...

We have a very large master bath, accessed via a double pocket door from the bedroom. I've struggled a bit to clearly tie the two rooms together, though I'm close... Thought maybe the quit could be repurposed into floor rugs for the sink area? We're dry by the time we get there, so they wouldn't really get wet. Maybe the occasional splash or drip from the sink.

Any other ideas? I'm a blank slate here...

Valances? Though I prefer things to be not so matchy-matchy.

Comments (4)