Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladyronnie

Your All-Time Favorite Project

ladyronnie
16 years ago

I thought I'd start a thread where we each show a pic of our favorite project that we personally did. Sometimes we are so critical of our own stuff. Let's show off what we are actually most proud of! I'll start...Hands down, it's my bathroom vanity (which still isn't finished, STILL have to do that faux pedestal one of these days. Please ignore the bugtrap in the photo!) So what's yours?

Comments (91)

• ba1je
    16 years ago

i have such a hard time choosing a favorite. you all do wonderful work. i just love to look at everyone elses stuff and drool. i love my door because its between my bedroom and a sunporch. i wake up to the light coming in the glass panes. and my sink because its one of my first projects and its florida stuff....barb

• ba1je
    16 years ago

and heres the sink....barb

• texaswild
    16 years ago

OHMYGOODNESS, BA1JE. I've not seen that sink. What a fabulous piece of art the sink is. LOVE your door, but the sink is new to me. JUST WONDERFUL, it is.

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Crystal, I love those crosses, especially the way you put the words under glass. I'll have to steal that idea :) Hmmm, stealing from a project whose main theme is a cross...just doesn't seem right! OK, I'll BORROW that idea!

:)

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

Crystal- those crosses are just beautiful!!! I like ladyronnie will be BORROWING that idea!!! What a good craft lesson for a Sunday school class!!

ba1je- I remember the door its great, but your sink is my favorite, I remember its outside your studio isn't it?

craftercheryl- your album is great!!! I love you bb's. The lighthouse turned out wonderful!!!!

• diamondjennie
    16 years ago

What a great thread! Love looking at all the amazing talent here! Love all the glass, but since I love the shabby look, I like nana's best! I can't decide between the box I made my daughter, and the stand I did.

• cacbeary
    16 years ago

I love everyone's favorites! What a bunch of talented ladies you are. I can see why you picked these as your favorites.

I'm not posting a favorite because I don't have one yet. But I have lots of ideas floating around in my head. Ha!

• coppertop367
    16 years ago

Good Grief!!! What awesome talent you all have. I'm taking my stuff and hiding under a table..

• stjohnsgypsy
    16 years ago

This was a true lo

ve/hate relationship! Suzie Q

• texaswild
    16 years ago

I'd have a hard time picking a favorite of yours, GYPSIE, but this one would surely be in the runoff.

• LinLee
    16 years ago

I really can't seem to get a good shot of this. No
    real sun shining in the windows...too many trees.
    It's really so red it hurts your eyes.

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

Wow, Gypsy it's been ages since we've seen her! Stunning!!! do you have any idea how many hours you put in to that project?

• kelly6780
    16 years ago

Linlee- Golly, if it's too hard on your eyes, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands. Ya know, let your eyes have a little break! Whacha think?

• crystal01
    16 years ago

You guys ROCK!! I LOVE all your favorites. There are not enough words....

Chickee and Ladyronnie thanks for your compliments, "borrow" all you like. Hint: On the blue cross I printed on tracing paper to get a transparent look. I tried printing on transperency paper but it smeared.

• zone_envy
    16 years ago

I can't believe all the beauty I see here. Ladies, your talent makes my jaw drop!

Cindy

• Dottie B.
    16 years ago

All these projects are simple breathtaking!!!

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

SLOW: Your gorgeous sink makes mine look like a clay prototype! I don't remember seeing it finished, that is INCREDIBLE! I LOVE the effect of the mirrors! It looks so Morrocan!

LINLEE: That red window is beautiful! If that's not a good pic, it must be outa this world!

• lisa_4
    16 years ago

Mine would be this table that I gave away by accident...lol
    It's not that it's the best looking, it was just really fun to make...easy too.

• texaswild
    16 years ago

OHMYGOODNESS, LISA. Is that the one you gave to the friend and she didn't come for it until a year later? Truly beautiful, and I see why you were upset at having been so generous in the beginning. If you're like I am, it's hard to repeat something too. LADY - Thanks, but mine is just larger. Yours has a thought-out design - LOVE that side panel w/the creative touch on the cutout.

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

There are a lot of projects on here that I have never seen before. I keep coming back and looking at them again and again.
    AWESOME WORK LADIES!!!! I hope one day I can be half as good as some of you are!

Barb

• klinger
    16 years ago

There is some wonderful projects on this thread. I'm so impressed with everyones talent. My computer died and is now finally back operating again so I can share. My favorite project was my kitchen backsplash. I did it several years ago and it's just a mishmash of lots of color and I still haven't tired of it although it was originally just a temporary project.Cindy

{{!gwi}}

• ba1je
    16 years ago

i just love that backsplash!!!! what a lot of work and so imaginative. love it...barb

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Oh, KLINGER - I, too, love that backsplash. Only wish I'd discovered mosaicing before I remodeled my kitchen. I would have done something like this. Yours is truly magnificient.

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

Love your backsplash Klinger...hey you keep a pot scrubber in that cup!!! LOL

Barb

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

I too keep coming back to look again. Everyone's is so talented and there are so many amazing things in these pics. Just stunning, all of it!

• shellybelly26
    16 years ago

hey ya'll! I know I know I have not been on in a week I surely didnt realize how much work being a girl scout leader was going to be, Phew. its nice to have today just to do nothing. To Top it all off my car broke down friday night thank GOD for AAA. As for these projects all I can say is I SUCK and I am not worthy to be a member of this grup anymore. You gals are soooooo talented. My fave project is my rocking chair to date.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• fiddlekate
    16 years ago

Shelly,
    Your chair is darling! I love it! And obviously so does that frog! :) Like that each slat is creatively different.
    I was a girl scout leader when my girls were younger ( a LONG time ago ) and enjoyed it very much. You're right though... it's a tremendous job! But... how lucky your child is to have you involved! And... you're giving all of the kids some wonderful experiences! Go for it! I'm sure you'll have them mosacking something soon! :)

ALL of these favorite projects are AWESOME! I keep coming back to them, too! Y'all are amazing!
    Katie

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

KLINGER: I'd forgotten about your backsplash! I'm so glad it's your favorite so you could post it in here and remind me! It is still a HUGE inspiration to me, and I still have white wall behind my kitchen counter just begging to be done like that! Project #742! (Might have to move it up the list now though!)

Ronnie

• yvonne_tpi
    16 years ago

Wow, there's some very nice projects I haven't seen before.

I don't do many mosaics but was talked into this for a mom.

And I guess this was a favorite a few years ago, a 25th wedding aniversary gift for 'mates down under'.

• klinger
    16 years ago

Wow, more beautiful projects, every one has such beautiful pieces of art,
    Cindy

• hrsg
    16 years ago

What a collection of art this thread is! Seeing some of these pieces again reminds me when they were WIPs.

Beautiful work ladies!

• bevinpa
    16 years ago

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

Wow just when you think you've seen all the fav's more pop up, girls YOU ROCK!! I just don't have enough words to say how great everyones stuff is!!! Thank you all for sharing all your talent!!!

• texaswild
    16 years ago

What a wonderful thread. We get double doses of these wonderful projects. Yum Yum!

• maddielee
    16 years ago

I just have to say that I LOVE seeing all these beautiful pieces of art!

Thank you!

maddielee

• ladyronnie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Say, just for another eye candy album, could one of you gather these into a folder so we can go look whenever, but not have to scroll through all the messages to get to the REALLY good part? (Someone who knows more about doing such things than I do??!) Thanks!

Ronnie
    (who started this thread and sure doesn't regret it! :)

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

goodness Golly Miss Molly,you all have such beautiful creations I don't have a favorite I can post right now .I couldn't decide and none stood out like most of yours .They are so awesome ladies ,all of them!!!Loved looking at them againThanks so much!annie

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

ah Bev, I truely love that headboard.

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

CACBAERY, did you notice that one of my favs is inspired by your frame???(my mirror)And DH loves your garden borders and wants me to do the same....
    This truly is an Eye Candy thread that I just keep coming back to....

• sunshine_funshine
    16 years ago

I can't find a pic of my favorite piece. WAAAHHHH! I'm still looking for it, but also enjoying this thread tremendously! (I think the pic is on DH's computer. YIKES!)Thanks so much for coming up with this one Ronnie!!

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

Oh Sunshine! did you find your pic yet?

anyone else want to add on to this? I just wanted to bump it for MMQCHDYGG so she can see Klinger's backsplash

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

while I'm here, I just want to say this - I didn't take the time to comment on everyone's things here, I got in a few but wished I could have said something personal to all the posts.

So here it is, There is not one picture in this whole thread that doesn't AMAZE and INSPIRE me. WOW... to be in the company of so many artists... you are all so talented and beautiful! And for those of you who didn't post a pic... we're still waiting - you know who you are! LOL

• emtnest
    16 years ago

Wow, these works of art are truly amazing!!!! I can only hope to one day turn out something as beautiful...thank you for sharing! Dottie

• silvamae
    16 years ago

This is one of my favorites because of the colors . . .

• Shades_of_idaho
    16 years ago

I am so glad this thread was brought back up. I missed it the first time around. I think this is when I was having SO MANY computer troubles.

I think my all time favorite is Louise because there is a long story in her creation and she means so much to me.

Chris

Here is a link that might be useful: Louise's Fancy Tapestry

• emtnest
    16 years ago

Being new to GOG, I typed in GOG for a search and it brings up all of them... such great info and wonderful pieces of art..I now know I need some very imprtant tools to keep going...Dottie

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Silvamae: Adorable Birdhouse!!
    Shades: Will always love Louise!!!
    Emtnest: Thanks for taking us back to this post! Such Eye Candy! We all were or are beginners, so jump in! The water's fine!!!

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

I love that Birdhouse too, but you've made so many beauties Silvamae, I would be hard pressed to pick a faorite. Is that gold grout?

OH LOUISE!!! every time I get to look at her I am just stunned!

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

Shades! I loved seeing Louise again. She's just drop dead
    gorgeous.

Hazie

• diytrying
    16 years ago

How did I miss some of these? They're all so wonderful and unique. And it so nice, many of them mean something special. Boy, it's like opening presents to look at some of these threads again. CANNOT WAIT until you post pics of your holiday exchanges........I am definitely living vicariously through all of you. I did try to find a pic I remember seeing in a book of a vase pattern so I could pick out glass for it but that's all I'll let myself do before the new year. Couldn't find the pic anyway.