Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheryleb_gw

How I spent my weekend.

cheryleb
10 years ago

I have been reading and looking at the advice here and decided to do a few projects. The painter I hired on the weekend cancelled on me and I had Friday off so I painted it myself. Then I dragged in the new area rug.

Before and after.

We also recovered the kitchen and DR chairs.

Before of DR chairs.

After of both

Next up were the breakfast bar chairs. There were too many wood finishes in the room so I sprayed them with Kilz and then two coats of white Krylon. I used the same fabric as the kitchen chairs but in the aqua color. The BB is white so it should work - I hope.

Before and after

We added a layer of foam but I think they might be a bit too thick. Hmmm...

It was a busy weekend. We also had guests for dinner last night and golfed 9 holes this morning. I am pooped.

I bought a can of spray to frost the underside of the glass on a round table that goes with the kitchen chairs but am going to leave it for another day.

This post was edited by cheryleb on Sun, Aug 11, 13 at 19:09

Comments (17)

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

You go...Best part of the whole story :
    " The painter I hired on the weekend cancelled on me and I had Friday off so I painted it myself. "
    Love the fabric on the dining room chairs !

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Great job! and such energy! More power to you!

• Miz_M
    10 years ago

Love what you've done! Beautiful! Isn't it nice to get that motivation, and accomplish so much? Great job!

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

Really nice job! Your new dining room is very sophisticated.

Amazing you entertained and got that 9 hole round in!

• bullydosmom
    10 years ago

A bit of advice from those who have walked ahead of you this weekend! If the glass table has been used for a while it may have tiny scratches in it and when you spray the backside with your frost they are going to show up! Sigh. I hope zip strip will take the frost off:(

• lorichats
    10 years ago

Cheryleb.....You did an amazing job!!! I love the fabric on the chairs-and it complements the beautiful Jon Allen painting!!! Great job!!!

• mom2sah
    10 years ago

Very pretty. What color did you use on the dining room walls?

• cheryleb
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks very much ladies.

Bullydosmom, I got a few splatters at the end. Should have stopped sooner. I was planning to replace the glass anyway so if it doesn't look good, nothing lost.

Mom2SF, I went with the CIL Rose Stone. A lot of people thought it was too reminiscent of the Dusty Rose of the 80s but it looked more purple to me with the east exposure.

I am happy with it so far but it does look very moody in the evening. :)

• ttodd
    10 years ago

I need your energy! Awesome feeling isn't it?! Congrats & great job, thanks for sharing!

• Rory (Zone 6b)
    10 years ago

Everything looks Fab!! I hope you had some help or at least someone to mix you a drink on Sunday evening:)

• Carol_65
    10 years ago

You have done a great job. All the things look nice after painting. I also love to do DIY things as they are entertaining tasks.

• teacats
    10 years ago

Whoa!!! Fantastic jobs on all fronts! :)

Very well done indeed -- all of your hard work has certainly paid off! :)

Don't forget to post a pic of the "fresh" white stools at the breakfast bar! :)

• cheryleb
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I took a picture later but didn't add it. Here are the stools in their new place. They look much much better now that they are white and I may have spray paint fever. I am thinking to go back to the store and buy more Kilz spray primer since they had cans with 25% more for the same price.

• User
    10 years ago

What a weekend! The chairs are great and I love your new chandelier too.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Beautiful !

• teacats
    10 years ago

The stools look wonderful at the breakfast bar -- just so right! :)

LOL! Yes -- starting to spray-paint items is really addictive! You start looking around for more and more projects! :)

The Power of Paint! :)

• merrygardener
    10 years ago

I am amazed at the rate of work as well as how great they all look... Wow!!