Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropicals9b

New here, introducing myself

tropicals9b
15 years ago

Hi! I posted for years on the Gardenweb Plumeria forum, but now I am remodeling my kitchen and have spent the last month reading miles and miles of your messages. I have learned so much from all of you!! And enjoyed your pictures so much!

So, get ready, I am about to start asking lots of questions! First one will be in my next message!

Thank you again, you are worth your weight in gold.

Val

Comments (17)

• maydl
    15 years ago

Welcome to possibly the friendliest and most helpful of the GW forums. Glad to have you here.

• tropicals9b
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you!

• wisrose
    15 years ago

hi

• bbtondo
    15 years ago

Welcome! Everyone here has been so helpful to me! Can't wait to hear your questions!
    Barb

• Alyce Venice
    15 years ago

Welcome you have found the best source of consumer information on the net. I can't wait to post the pictures
    of my finished kitchen it is the result of all the advice from the Kitchen,Flooring, and the Appliance forums and the great people who reside there!
    AJ

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    15 years ago

Welcome Tropicals! This is a great place with helpful people and lots of pictures! You won't be disappointed. The kitchens on here are beautiful. Problem is, you will probably want every single one of them!

I will have to check you out on the gardening forum. I am dying to try growing plumerias. I think it gets too cold here. I love the scent. It is the scent of Hawaii.

• loves2cook4six
    15 years ago

Hi and welcome to the TKO world :)

• neesie
    15 years ago

Hi! I posted for years on the gardening side before I checked out the home forums. I'm glad to "meet" you!

• allison0704
    15 years ago

Val, your life will never be the same again. Step 1 is admitting it! Welcome.

Allison

• tropicals9b
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for the nice welcome! I am excited to be planning my kitchen, but dread all the work and mess ahead!
    Mustbnuts  yes, I do love them all! But I am always really drawn to the buttercreamish colors, so that must be what I love the best!
    Plumeria only need 2 things, at least 6 hours a day of sun and heat. I have over 150 cultivars as large as 16 feet tall and my yard is blooming like crazy right now. If you live in a cold climate (I am in central Florida), you need to bring them into the house in the winter  or any time the temp is below about 60.
    BTW, I havenÂt posted on the Plumeria forum in years (ever since the forums battle about 6 or 7 years ago)

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is a link to my garden site - haven't updated it in years though

• igloochic
    15 years ago

i'm sensing i won't be a successful plumeria owner in my lifetime :) but i do have a small collection of kitchens :p welcome aboard!

• morton5
    15 years ago

Welcome, Val! This is such a friendly, helpful forum; it will help you with your remodel a lot!
    What were the forums battles? Sounds intense!

• tropicals9b
    Original Author
    15 years ago

igloochic - if your name has anything to do with your location, I guess you never will be. I am truly sad for anyone who can't enjoy the beauty and incredible scents of the lovely plumeria. On the other hand, I can't grow peonies or roses here! Too hot!

morton5 - it was horrible. Someone started another forum somewhere and then everyone started arguing about which forum to use and I dropped off both of them!

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    15 years ago

OT here--We are very hot, hot, hot here in the summer time (normal daily temps are over 105 degrees. Nights may cool off to 80 for two seconds and then shoot back up. I love the pinks and striped plumerias and my garden is mostly pinks, whites and purples.

I can grow brugmansia (which I love--and have one blooming right now--pretty white one. I also grow orchids inside the house as well as outside.

It is the winters that get cool here and foggy for weeks on end. Ugh! The gloom! Hate it. We are mostly around freezing (but not too freezing as we are a citrus area) at nights but get up in the low 40's during the day during the worst part of winter. That lasts for about 3--4 months or so. We have lots of wind machines so the citrus doesn't freeze.

I would love to go plumerias. I may give it a try some day.

• igloochic
    15 years ago

i have peonies coming out my...umm garden gates lol and i do adore them. they do very well in alaska as do violets. i'm not a hot weather person...so i'll have to go plumaria free for life heh heh but its fun to hear the passion in your writing about them.

those garden forums get a bit brutal! i posted asking a question about some plants in my newly planted garden (done by a wonderful master gardener) and was ripped in two for not asking my gardner....told i was too cheap to pay for the info etc. my gardener had passed away suddenly a few weeks after planting :( a very young woman with children. that was my last post to the gardening pooh pooh heads :)

• jagl
    15 years ago

Hi! You are going to love this forum! I found it about 5 months ago and I'm addicted. Everyone is so helpful and friendly.

Jeanine

• gneegirl
    15 years ago

Just chiming in to say Hi, and welcome to what others have said - a life-changing experience.

I was about to say that I haven't been here that long, but actually it's been a year now (or thereabouts). I can't believe it. I never planned to do a kitchen redo, but as luck what have it, and my pursestrings too - LOL, one thing led to another, and another and now I have a new kitchen ( minus new cabinets). I can't tell you how much these folks helped me with picking and matching, etc. There is so much help here and everyone is a willing participant. Welcome aboard!!