Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mandyfin73

Looking for grey/violet paint?

mandyfin73
11 years ago

Hi - I am looking for a suggestion for my new master bedroom. I chose some lavender and purple bedding. The floors are light wood. The windows are facing east if that helps.

I'm looking for a grey/lavender that will complement the bedding and not pull too cold. Not sure if I should be looking at green or blue or violet undertones.

The office across the hall will be in a color in the same family - probably more grey and the halls are beige.

What do you suggest please?

I have color decks everywhere :)

Thanks

Comments (11)

• jterrilynn
    11 years ago

These are all great colors by Behr. I have used Behr and Benjamin Moore paints for around 26 years they both last the same (same hardiness) they both catch the light as most paints do. The screen shots do make these colors look a bit more vibrant than real life.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

This may be too much for you, but it's BM tropical dusk.

Would be helpful if you posted a pic of the bedding....

• juliekcmo
    11 years ago

Here is Ben Moor Pigeon Gray. The darker gray on the same chip is Dior Gray which is also very striking.

• juliekcmo
    11 years ago

Also the bathroom faces East.

• mandyfin73
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is a link to the bedding I can't seem to attach a photo

Here is a link that might be useful: Bedding

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Here's the bedding

• lavenderlver
    11 years ago

BM Feather is a gorgeous gray/lavender and looks stunning with light wood floors.

• beachlily z9a
    11 years ago

You might try SW Rhinestone. I have it and it is light and goes slightly lavender with most light. I don't mention it to my husband. His color perception isn't as strong as mine.

• lalithar
    11 years ago

Take a look at Farrow &Ball brassica

Here is a link that might be useful: F&B Brassica

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

BM's Slip.

I was also going to suggest Pigeon Gray. But look at the slip. We did my daughter's room in the last house in that color. It was exquisite.

Here's a couple of pictures, you know how the light can change the color. The headboard is white for reference. The middle photo is probably the best representation of the color.

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

Another vote for F&B Brassica.
    Beautifully subtle, and not the least bit pink, which I think works better with your bedding.

Bee's room is lovely, but different from yours in that her purples look pinker than yours, so the pinky lavender is good there.