Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abekker_gw

kitchen cabinets by brand, please help

abekker
9 years ago

I would prefer frameless cabinets, but if all being equal the framed will be better and cheaper I will get framed. The following cabinets are pricing out pretty close to each other.
-Hanseem (frameless)
-Adornus (frameless, but alder wood is not very strong)

-Merillat classic (framed)

-st. Martin (frameless)
-waypoint
-aristocraft

Please share input as to which one would be better than the other. Any good brands that come to mind in this price range? Feedback greatly appreciated!

Comments (9)

• User
    9 years ago

You should move up to midgrade lines if you want higher quality. Upper builder grade/lower midgrade lines can still have issues that you generally do not get up the foodchain.

OOTM_Mom, thanks for your experiences with Waypoint. They've been looking for a dealer in my area, and are aggressively courting us to be it. I've been hesitant because of my past experiences with AW at Depot, etc. Your post reinforces that hesitancy.

• linste22
    9 years ago

I had St. Martin (cherry, Ridgewood) cabinets installed 2 months ago and there wasn't the slightest scuff or flaw to be found. I obviously can't speak to their endurance but they look beautiful and the drawer bases and Blum hinges perform wonderfully.

• abekker
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OOTM Mom thank you for your feedback.

Live Wire Oak which mid grade brands would you
    recommend I look into?

Linste, thanks for your input. I am considering St. Martin because quality seems pretty good and the price is also very reasonable. I loved the Ridgewood color, but the shaker door doesn't come in it ( I will double check with the dealer). Do you have a picture of your kitchen that you could post?

• linste22
    9 years ago

Here's a pic that looks true to life (we haven't painted yet because I'm being indecisive). They're cherry in "golden honey" and the style is Ridgewood.

• linste22
    9 years ago

Here is a night picture.

• abekker
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks. I mixed up the door style and color. Your kitchen looks very nice, even upside down : ). How tall are the upper cabinets?

• linste22
    9 years ago

Oh, they're straight for me, lol. They're 42 inches. Our ceiling is 8 1/2 ft. and I didn't mind the way they look without the top moulding so we went without it.

• abekker
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Linste, did you have any problems with stain color not matching or any replacements?
    Thanks.