Software
Houzz Logo Print
nrayray

Kohler faucets

17 years ago

Does anyone have a Kohler Forte Faucet. Do you think it is very big? I think it is pretty.

Comments (9)

  • 17 years ago

    I have purchased it, but it is not installed yet. I don't think it is too big, my sister has it.

    Some of the other faucts I originally liked, like the Delta Allora were too big. My kitchen is small and I thought a lot of the faucets when I saw them in person were too big.

  • 17 years ago

    I'm thinking of getting it also. I saw it today at Expo for $229. I have hansgrohe in my bathroom which I love but I'm comcern their kitchen faucet would be more expensive to repair than the Kohler.

  • 17 years ago

    It's going in my kitchen as well. I'm not a fan of the really huge faucets. The deciding factor, however, was the "push-through" type of spray mechanism. My last kitchen had Kohler Fairfax and, while I loved the look, after 5 years, the little toggle that switched from stream to spray had become hard to use -- I had to push it "just right" in order to switch -- a huge nuisance.

    Arlene

  • 17 years ago

    I just got mine but it's not installed yet. It's a trifle bigger than I would have liked for my tiny kitchen but I never found another whose lines I liked better at that price and in the finish I wanted.

    If my kitchen was bigger (and there's a 99% chance yours is!) I wouldn't give it a thought. You might also think about what size sink you have. I got the Ticor S-112, which seems huge, so hopefully it will work proportionally to that.

  • 17 years ago

    I have it - I've never thought about it being to big. I really like it. (I put a soap dispenser in that empty hole...and excuse the sleepy DH in the background!)

  • 17 years ago

    I've had one in stainless for a couple years - used it to replace a leaky Moen faucet. It has been great. Very easy to operate the handle. Don't think its too big - ours is in front of a window, so too big would really bother me. The stainless finish has held up well.

    I was planning to replace the Forte in our upcoming remodel with a Vinnata. We put the bar-sized Vinnata in our basement wet bar. I find the Vinnata much trickier to operate, but it could be I'm just not used to it since we don't use it a lot. Now, I'm not sure....

  • 17 years ago

    I've had the Kohler Forte faucet in stainless steel for about 2 months now. It's a good size and is not too big at all. I bought mine from faucetdirect.com for $241 including shipment.

    Here is a picture.

  • 17 years ago

    Thank you for your replies. My sink is a single bowl, ticor, S505. I only have a 30 inch sink cabinet.

  • 17 years ago

    Yes, well I jinxed myself because while I was supposed to have a 33" base cab, the cabinet maker made it 30". So now my contractor is going to try to make it fit (it's attached to a corner blind base) or else I'll be exchanging it. How very annoying.

    I'm still keeping the faucet, though.