Aloha, I live on the big island 300 ft. from the ocean, elevation 120 feet.
I might have made a mistake ordering $84 worth of streps!
My streps are on my covered lanai with blinds even tho they are 10 ft. away from the sun against the wall.
The slightest bit of sun from 10 ft. away gives them wilt, even tho it is a.m. sun.Then they get stiff again overnight, not a pretty site to me!
I made up the Dibleys soil reccomendation and only water them once or twice a week. They make flowers, but the leaves are no bigger than when I got them 3 months ago. The temp. is the problem I am guessing. 65 to 70 at night, and 78 to 85 in the day. It is not hot here like Florida, etc. There is a coolness to the air year round. I am from San Diego, and the days are very similar.They are now in coconut shells cut in half w/drainage hole. I tried this because my african violets went crazy for those planters! I thought the info said streps were easier than the violets, but I can do no wrong with the violets, but the streps are so frustrating!
Putting one in the ground under the jacaranda trees went well until bugs found it.
Spraying is not an option when I have 4 acres to care for...too much!
Are there any strep growers out their who know of
any way I can make them happy?
Mahalo for any advice!!!
User
Related Professionals
Portsmouth Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Lawton Landscape Contractors · Fredericksburg Landscape Contractors · Elgin Landscape Contractors · Buffalo Landscape Contractors · Hempstead Landscape Contractors · Plattsburgh Landscape Contractors · Akron Landscape Contractors · San Francisco Landscape Contractors · Coeur d'Alene Landscape Contractors · Sugar Land Architects & Building Designers · Aurora Architects & Building Designers · Elgin Architects & Building Designers · Marinette Architects & Building Designers · Evanston Architects & Building Designers