Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_ms

Looking for these Aquarium Plants

debbie_ms
9 years ago

I'm looking for Java Moss, Aponogeton, Dwarf Hairgrass, Cuphea anagalloidea, and Alternanthera reineckii variegated. Does anyone have these to share with me? Thanks,Debbie

Comments (7)

• debbie_ms
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm still looking for these aquarium plants. I have several things to trade. Let me know what you are looking for and I might just have it. Thanks :)

• queen_gardener
    9 years ago

I have Java Moss and Java Fern babies - the mother plant has been split in two, both grew to monstrous size, one sent up a "flower" and now there are tons of little babies on two vine-like things - like a spider plant.

I've tried to sell aquarium plants, killer snails, and my swordtails on Craigslist with NO luck.

• debbie_ms
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello, Thank-you for replying :) First I have to tell you that I haven't got my 20-gallon aquarium set up yet. Also the temps here in Miss. are not stable enough to trade yet. I would like to wait until I have the tank set-up and the temps are better. I hope you understand and still want to trade. I hope you didn't mind--but I took a look at your want list. I really don't have anything from your want list--but I'm hoping I can tempt you with my have list.

Here is what I have:

1) Gasteria--rooted plant

2) Haworthia--rooted plant

3) Orange Thanksgiving Cactus--rooted cuttings

4) White Thanksgiving Cactus--rooted cuttings

5) Milk Tree Cactus--unrooted cuttings

6) Pencil Cactus--unrooted cuttings

7) Variegated Devil's Backbone--unrooted cuttings

8) Polynesian Ivy--unrooted cuttings

9) Lucky Bamboo--5 small (the size of a pencil) rooted cuttings

10) Aloe (unknown species) not vera--rooted babies

11) Jewel Orchid--2-rooted cuttings

12) Hoya carnosa--9-rooted cuttings

13) Streptocarpus saxorum--unrooted cuttings

14) Alsobia Dianthiflora--unrooted cuttings

15) Crosby's Mini Jade--Crassula argentea--small plant

I can root any of these if you want me too. I also have several named avs that are rooted plantlets. If you are interested in these let me know and I can send you a list of what I have available. I also have some Hellebore seedlings that have come up around my Light Pink and White Hellebores. So there is no guarantee what color they will be. Would you be willing to trade some of your swordtails for plants that I have? Please let me know. Thanks, Debbie

• queen_gardener
    9 years ago

I have never shipped live animals before . . .

• queen_gardener
    9 years ago

Thinking of shipping the swords makes me really nervous, how is it done? Isn't the shipping expensive? I imagine you'd use Overnight, right? And I don't have those nice plastic bags they have at the pet stores . . . I might consider it if I knew more about the logistics.

I can tell you I'm interested in the following plants:

Helleborus seedlings

Orange Thanksgiving Cactus--rooted cuttings

Lucky Bamboo

Alsobia Dianthiflora

and maybe Jewel Orchid, I'll have to read about it, I had to look it up and it looks neat.

I don't have a problem with waiting until it gets warmer.

• debbie_ms
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello, Shipping live fish scares me too. So, I say lets skip the fish. Do you have any more aquariums plants available? I will put a hold on the plants you listed. You live in Ohio, I live in Miss. It will probable warm up here before it warms up there. So let me know when it gets warm there and I will let you know what the weather is like here. Thanks, Debbie

• debbie_ms
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hello, How's the weather in Ohio? Do you still want to trade? Please let me know. Thanks, Debbie

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio