Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michele150

Fusion Hybrid Flooring

michele150
9 years ago

I just saw this at a local flooring distributor. Has anyone used this product and if so, are you happy with it?

Comments (24)

• zootness
    8 years ago

I don't have anything to say, but it IS pretty!

• Dingo2001 - Z5 Chicagoland
    7 years ago

Michele did you wind up purchasing this floor? I know this is an older thread, but just saw this flooring today. I liked it but looking for some feedback! Thanks!

• Hogette-gw
    7 years ago

I brought home some samples when I was trying to match up to engineered hardwood. I like it a lot, but now find out that the current flooring has to be pulled out. So the sample is not what color I would use now.

the product looks great and yet, there seems to be no real reviews. Gosh, we all need some help to pick this stuff out, ugh.

Beth

7 years ago

Beth I know! I've been looking at the Fusion / Fusion Max and the Moduleo Embellish. It seems like they are both kind of new, so not a ton of info online. I talked to the flooring store owner and she said most of their vinyl is one of these 2 brands and either one is good. They haven't had issues with it, but she did say they are sticklers for prepping the subfloor too. I posted earlier looking for info on Moduleo and didn't get any response. I did like the weathered looking sample - I think it was Latour? Are you re doing both rooms?

Julie

• Hogette-gw
    7 years ago

Hey Julie, thinking of starting a new thread so Hopefully we can catch more response. Prep is my main problem.

Will be at the flooring store in a day or two. I will see if they have Moduleo also, but will be looking at the more weathered colors, preferably a medium range although I loved my light floors. It is the entire first floor.

7 years ago

I see on the other thread why you are worried about prep! I hope someone chimes in with some tips here

The owner of the store said the only real plus she could think of for Moduleo over the Fusion Max is the lack of pattern repeats in the Moduleo. I guess it has more variety rather than repeating the same pattern plank to plank. You have a big area, so might be an advantage. Also the Moduleo can be glued down or floated.

• Maureen Faber
    7 years ago

I have Fusion Max Trieste, 18x24 tiles installed in my kitchen and adjoining half bath. It is excellent flooring and delivers all it says it will.

7 years ago

Maureen that looks great! Thank you so much for posting your feedback!

Julie

7 years ago

Beth just wondering how you came out with your floors? Did you wind up getting the Fusion?

Thanks!

Julie

• Hogette-gw
    7 years ago

Hey, came home from vacation just a few hours ago, right back into construction mess.

We ended up with Coretec, installed 2 weeks ago. The coloring went with what was existing in the home, plus the newer remodel. It is a seamless look throughout the house. More will be installed in the upstairs right after Labor Day. Well. Let's hope anyway

7 years ago

It looks great! Hope you had a nice vacation! Hope the rest of your install goes well . Thank you!

Julie

• deblind
    7 years ago

hogette-gw can you tell me what color Coretec you installed? Are you happy with it? Any negatives? Thank you!

• Hogette-gw
    7 years ago

Right after Labor Day,,haha.. Just finished the upstairs a week ago. Still trying to put house together.

There are about 3000 comments on Cortec, in case you haven't seen them.

We installed Coretec XL in highland oak. And I am completely thrilled with both the color and the product.

• deblind
    7 years ago

Hogette-gw thank you! Your floors are beautiful!

• susan_mullen1955
    6 years ago

There is no doubt that the fusion Max flooring looks beautiful is waterproof however the description saying it can go over any hard floor is very misleading we have smooth concrete floors and the popping and clicking is annoying as all get-out. We will have to pull it up and put additional padding underneath the description indicates that is not necessary they are very wrong

• Michael Castellano
    6 years ago

Susan , installing the flooring over concrete without a mold proof moister barrier was not the thing to do as you now know . yes they state it can and has been installed without a padding but doesn't mean it should be . I have this flooring on my home both in the bathroom and sizable living room both the max series and have absolutely no complaints at all even with 2 large breed protection dogs constantly in and out it remains perfect they are 100 lbs plus each

• HU-87055779
    3 years ago

Suzanne..what happened in the end? Did the contractor level your floors? Ours didn't tell us that was needed and in a matter of weeks the floors failed...although it is a different manufacturer. The company is not responsible because it is an installation issue.

• User
    3 years ago

HU-87055779 No, they didn't fix anything. Not the leveling nor the moisture barrier pad. I took Big John's Discount Flooring out of Erie and/or Ecorse, MI to small claims court and although I won they, the con's, closed their business. Evil & smart people are really dangerous. The lawyer told me I should sue the installer and not the business after...After my case ended! I'm not happy with lawyers either. lol I don't think I want to go through all that again with a 'maybe' I'll win. The installer is just part of that deal and he's a con man, too. I did write the company and got the same response - it's installation error. I should have read the install instruction way before they finished and insisted they follow that. The lies they told me and the court is truly reprehensible. I've caulked around the floor and walls to fill in gaps, I've put down some rugs and currently just living with it. If I want it done right it will cost me me around $15g or more, and I do entertain the thought of redoing it but I think 'what a pain'. I still love what I picked out, but the people and business that did me wrong...nope, not at all, and never. Every day I hate John Thirkill, Kristy Davidson (MI) and James Pence (OH) when I walk through my house. Finding them on HomeAdvisor was a sham, too. Oh, I could go on and on but I'm trying not to do that. People say my floors look nice, but they only have to walk through to find all the problems that exist. I do hope you can find a solution or accept what's happened. My stress level has decreased by accepting my own fault, (stupidity) in all this, too, but my anger lives on. lol Good luck and take care.

• User
    3 years ago

Also, this Fusion Max isn't anything I'd recommend. It shows scratches and dents from dropping little things. Again, don't trust the salesman. lol

• HU-87055779
    3 years ago

Thank you so much for the advice Suzanne! We certainly won't be purchasing Fusion floors or trust the sales person now....and we'll probably have to take the contractor to court before he disappears. He is an independent contractor, so he does not work for the flooring company. If he doesn't pay up what he owes, then we will also file a report with the BBB and leave a very clear Google review so others do not lose thousands of dollars.

This is very stressful and unfair to consumers. The manufacturers are dishonest and unreasonable in expecting us regular people to gain construction expertise from reading an installation guide when installers have spent hundreds of hours learning their trade.

In our case, I had looked through the installation guide but didn't understand all the requirements. Don't blame yourself. Besides, I work abot 55 hours a week and so it was impossible to supervise the reno all the time. That's why we hired a recommended, licensed construction professional....and look at how the floors...

• HU-87055779
    3 years ago

turned out...

• User
    3 years ago

OMG! I feel for you, that's horrible. I suggest if you go to small claims, you could probably do it without an attorney. I know now I could and should have. Our city offers free advice from a lawyer but he's the one who convinced me I couldn't do it myself. I paid for a floor inspector to come to my house and he emailed me the report, I also had to pay to have him come to court. I took lots of pictures, too. I also paid a server to find John Thirkill because he didn't have any ties to MI online. It was a long and painful experience. The guy I hired implied it was his business but in court they said it was Kristy's and he was only a salesman and his 'good friend' from Ohio was the installer. Those people should pay penalty's for just pretending to be something they're not! Do your background check on the contractor, google him, his reviews, does he have a website, does it show any promises. I also filed a claim at Michigan LARA but they were worthless. It really is a shame that people like him use and abuse the rest of us and I feel your pain. If you think I can be of further help, let me know. Thank you for your support, too.

• HU-87055779
    3 years ago

We can't afford a lawyer for small claims court.

Our evidence will be the inspector report that the manufacturer had done as well as another inspector report that we paid for since we wanted a second opinion, as well as photos. We also got opinions from others here on Houzz, and they were the first ones to say the floors were not installed correctly.

We will have to pay for court filing and serving him.

The contractor has a website and is licensed. We used him because he did work for one of our friends and that friend's manager. Those people were happy and have no issues, but I believe he did the work himself there.

According to my husband, he sent us his Z team to do the floors....and they even kept an old, but still working microwave we had....

I guess he didn't care that ours is a small, modest condo apartment, not a house or 2 million dollar condo.

Thank you again for your support. It helps.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations