PAW MAW

PRETTY LADY

VERSCHUREN

WHITE MASTERPIECE

WILDFIRE

WORLD PEACE

• bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    9 years ago

Beautiful bloom Beth. Always look forward to see your roses.

• User
    9 years ago

How exciting! Love the picture of World Peace.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Beth, those are gorgeous!

• ozmelodye
    9 years ago

Bethnorcal, I love seeing your beautiful roses waking up as mine are slowly settling towards their winter rest.I really envy you Amberlight,as I have been a big fan of E.B.LeGrice roses since I grew Grey Dawn and Artistic many years ago. Unfortunately, those early brown toned roses are not very resilient here so have to make do with other's photos. My new SoulSister/KokoLoko seems to be a good stand-in so far. Keeping my fingers crossed!

• kathy9norcal
    9 years ago

Go Beth! You are ahead of me. My absolute favorite time of year! No water problems where you are? I am having to severely limit my watering.

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

So many beauties! That Blue For You actually looks BLUE!

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks you guys!

Ozmelodye I love the "oddball" roses. LeGrice created some real beauties. This bloom of AMBERLIGHT was the biggest, fullest, tannest one in about 6yrs. I love it!

Kathy, so far we aren't really being rationed yet. I'm sure we will be tho if we don't get anymore rain soon. I cut way back last yr and will water close to the same this yr. Every other day. Hopefully it won't get as hot this summer maybe. Hah! Yeah right.

One thing I noticed about my roses this yr... with less spring rains, I'm not really seeing any less disease. I had to open my big mouth about a month ago saying I didn't have any B/S. Well, that was B/S! LOL The black spot is every bit as bad as yrs past when we'd get colder winters and more rain. Not much powdery mildew tho. Oh but I'm seeing a lot of rust. Normally I have none! It's kinda weird. And with less rain, I certainly don't have any less weeds either. Dang it!

• kublakan
    9 years ago

WOW! These are some impressive blooms! Congratulations on such a pretty garden. I noticed that many of your roses are in pots. What is the average size of your pots?

• rosecanadian
    9 years ago

Wow!!! I'm so happy that you've got blooms!! YAY!!!

I just love, love Koko Loco!!!!!! And I think VERSCHUREN is wonderful too. Black Magic is STUNNING!!!! What beauties!!

Carol

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    9 years ago

You've got a good head start on the rest of us here. That Annie Davidson is pretty, but I wonder what the color really is. Is it pink, lavender, or some combination of the two? It looks like some pink and lavender, but sometimes cameras don't always catch the color correctly. I hope you get some more rain. We can use it here also, but not much is in the forecast.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Love them Beth! Lucky you to have so many beauties!!

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Beth, I enjoy seeing your pictures and all the varieties. Paw Maw was very interesting and you captured the dark velvety look of Black Magic.

• ozmelodye
    9 years ago

Beth (excuse the informality of a stranger!) have you ever grown Brownie? I have tried potting, in ground and a mixture of both : i.e starting it in a pot then transferring it to a garden bed. Alas, for me it grows backwards and even my reliable supplier says it is not really a viable rose in Oz. I LOVE it, so any hints would be appreciated.

Melodye

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Melodye, there are several BROWNIEs out there. I used to have the Boerner floribunda one, but it died on me after many yrs and I can never replace it. Sorry that yours, whichever one it is, isn't faring well for you. Some of the oddballs are kind of touchy, from what I understand.

• ozmelodye
    9 years ago

Beth, it is the Boerner rose and I agree about the oddballs. Victoriana is a disease magnet yet Vesper does really well for me

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

Beth, my situation is similar to yours, except that instead of rust I have lots of mildew. And no, the weeds have not decreased. You do have a lot more roses blooming than I do, and your garden must be so pretty already.

• jjpeace (zone 5b Canada)
    9 years ago

Very beautiful! Just curious, which Candlelight is that? There are three on helpmefind website.