Software
Houzz Logo Print
tracyburton

Drowning in neutral-Color & arrange my living room please!

11 years ago

I loved our wall color which seemed more pale yellow before the wood floors were finished, but now, all I see is Boring beige. I plan to add an area rug asap. This house is on a lake so I would like to add maybe some blue & "beachy" colors.

  1. More color suggestions welcome please. (not a teal/aqua fan)

. 2. The entry table holding the Dish network box is temporary (just installed Tues) For the box/DVD player etc., should we use: Floating shelf? Console? Size? Color?

3. Spray paint the coffee/end table (maybe even lamps) a different color? Suggestions please!

  1. Suggestions for the walkway area (maybe it wont look so vast once there is something on that wall?) I kind of hate to add another table to the room.

All input welcome!

Thanks!


Comments (8)

  • 11 years ago
    1. Chase TV wiring into wall. Ask your local wet boys. Remove all wires if possible. Repaint.
    2. Mount TV on vesa mount.
    3. Sell furniture and to upgrade smaller, funky sofas. I see you may have kids - get rid of glass table. Something wooden and lower would open the space.
    4. Install floating shelves made from reclaimed wood.
  • 11 years ago

    Distressed wood coffee table is a worry free way to go with kids and adults. Love mine!

  • 11 years ago

    Add a punch of color with colorful pillows across the back of both sofas with coordination wall art. Canvas art is a inexpensive way to go.

  • 11 years ago

    You have nice room with great light! I think I'd try to cozy-up the furniture arrangement by configuring the sofa and loveseat in an L-formation with the loveseat directly opposite the fireplace. I think your coffee table is good, but I might swap out one of the matching end tables for a garden stool or martini table. You have a lot of matched sets going on, so swapping out here and there will mix things up a bit. If you can add some pattern and texture, all the better. The below collage may give you some ideas. Best of luck to you!


  • 11 years ago

    I think the best bet for the room would be two area rugs. They do not need to match. Get a very large one for the main living area. Go Oriental or Persian with an all over pattern with many small patterns. Then get a hall runner that will cover the walkway from your front door.

    The coffee table is too large. Go with some storage cubes for the love seat area I see you have a large one for the sofa. Change the lamp shades to more updated ones. Cut down on the matching pieces, you want your home to look like you have furnished it over time & not gone out & bought everything at once. Sorry.

    Add blue but don't go dark. Buy paint sample cans to paint on poster boards to place around your room to see at different times of the day. This is the only way to choose a paint color for your room.

  • 11 years ago

    Change your lamp shades. They're too small and the wrong style but bring the base with you when shopping. Even a lg rug with a similar color of your sofas is fine if it has a pattern. Add beachy things like lg artwork, blue and white strip pillows, antique box with shell. For some reason, the layout of the furniture doesn't feel right. Try moving the lg sofa in front of the fp, the love seat where the sofa is with the end table creating a corner between them. Pull the chair in closer to the fp facing the loveseat. Hope you like my ideas.

  • 11 years ago

    Thank you everyone for all your ideas! I have lots to think about & some new thoughts to work with.