Software
Houzz Logo Print
laurendsnider

RAID use gone wrong

11 years ago

Hi-

I used some RAID spray in my daughters bedroom last week to kill some termites that had overrun her room. Admittedly, I may have gone a little overkill spraying but since I wasn't sure where they were coming from and this is a problem our apartment has had for a few years, I wanted to be thorough. Now, after 5 days and several home treatments (BIO-kleen spray, vinegar+hydrogen peroxide, box fans and open windows) the smell in the room has morphed from simply RAID to some sort of chemical concoction that I cannot get rid of! I am at my wit's end trying to figure out what the smell is and if it's some chemical reaction that could potentially harm my daughter.

A little more info: the termites congregate on the windowsill and/or under the radiator, so that is where I sprayed the RAID. Not sure if the heat from the radiator is exacerbating the smell. The Carpets were a year old when we moved into the apartment and I don't think the smell is from old pet or smoke residue from previous tenants (especially since the smell has only been a problem since my RAID debacle, though I could be wrong).

Anyone have experience with getting rid of mystery smells like this?


TIA

Comments (3)