Software
Houzz Logo Print
palimpsest

Matching Grouts for Daltile Artic White and Desert Grey

11 years ago

I am looking for grout colors that are a good match to Daltile Artic White and a good match to Datile Desert Grey, preferably in a brand that offers matching sanded caulks.

Comments (12)

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    palimpsest-- any chance you could post a pic of the desert grey?

  • 11 years ago

    We just built a bathroom addition, and I used both arctic white and desert gray in my shower. I chose to use a bright white grout for the whole thing.


    palimpsest thanked amemm
  • 11 years ago


  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    TEC Power Grout in 910 Bright White, and 939 Mist. Power Grout over traditional grout. No problems with the color staying true, and doesn't need sealing.

    palimpsest thanked User
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Bill Vincent:

    Here is the Desert Grey: The color is sort of a pearl grey, it photographs both too light (right) and too dark (left)

    I am doing coved horizontal and vertical corners in my bathrooms and when I did the first one they told me that the fully rounded cove for coves going in both directions had been discontinued, so I order the one with the crease in it in Waterfall for another bathroom

    So I order the same piece in Desert Grey for the second bath I am doing and it came in as the piece I wanted all along. I don't know what's going on. Apparently I am the first person in about three years who was interested in these pieces. Click on the photo to make it bigger I don't know why it's posting in preview mode.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Around here, any time you use built up base, those inside cove corners are spec'd. As for grout color, you hit it right on-- Mapei pearl grey. As for the white, standard white grout from anyone will do.

  • 11 years ago

    I am essentially doing built up base, but a variation in each bathroom. One got an allover treatment with the same tile, the second has two formats and colors but the corners are all getting coved and the third is getting a coved floor.

    But I don't think this is at all common currently, the regional rep told me I was the first person in about three years that wanted to order either of these pieces.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Strange. Tell your rep to talk to his northeast counterpart.

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I am Pennsylvania, so I guess that is Mid-Atlantic?

    They supposedly stopped making the piece on the left (shown in the desert grey) because no one was ordering it (a cove corner for coves in three directions), and had to settle for the piece on the right (hard corner straight up and coved to left and right), when I was doing a bath last year. However, I just got the grey piece last week.

    I asked the rep and he said everybody wants large format now, and the complaint he deals with is that the large format tile comes with extremely limited trim pieces or non at all and then people are unhappy about having to deal with edges.

    But I am doing bathrooms in a house that was built in 1965 and this 2x2 was all over the neighborhood then so it's appropriate. New construction here is almost all contemporary now, and the bathrooms are almost all large format.


  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I've mitered inside corner base before, but that piece is so much easier to use. Too bad they're discontinuing it

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I don't know if they are...they said it was already so, but I just got some and it's custom order so I don't think it's lying around? Very confusing.