Software
Houzz Logo Print
barbcampbell23

height

11 years ago
I have 9 foot ceilings and would like to put this in my foyer. if height of fixture is 16" but then I need to install it, how many more inches would that add?
Inverted Pendant Lamp, Bubble Seashell, White · More Info

Comments (3)

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Hi Barb,

    The lamp itself is 16 inches as you correctly stated. In addition you get roughly 38 inches of chain from which the lamps hangs. In total from the ceiling to the lowest point of the lamp the distance measures about 54 inches (4 1/2 feet).

    That is plenty of length for a 9 foot ceiling. As a matter of fact you will have to shorten the chain in order to be able to walk underneath the lamp. Shortening the chain is as easy as removing chain links. It just require a pair of strong hands.

    Let me know if I answered your question.

    Best regards,

    Patrice

    KOUBOO


  • 11 years ago

    Thank you for getting back to me! I am hoping to keep it as tight to the ceiling as possible, leaning towards 20" Max!

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Barb,

    That would work very well. The chain will be very short which is going to make the lamp look like a so called flush mount. This style of lamp with the drape looks perfectly fine that way.

    Best regards,

    Patrice

    KOUBOO