Software
Houzz Logo Print
aztcqn

Trichos in Bloom

11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago

Flying Saucer - First blooming for the season. Mine are slow for some reason. I suspect length of sunlight could be longer. All my echinopsis big and small are under a huge Chinese Elm.
Unfortunate scars before I knew you never ever spray in sunlight or hot days.
FS is 9 inches across

Prometheus - Similar to FS in color tone, but, there are slight differences. Prometheus has a strong lavender pink blush on the edges while Flying Saucer has an even pink all over tone with pale orange mid stripes. This 2nd flush has smaller flowers with wavier petals than last posted pics. Prom is smaller at 6 inches across.

Comments (8)

  • 11 years ago

    That's beautiful !!

    aztcqn thanked kathi_mdgd
  • 11 years ago

    AZT- absolutely STUNNING!

    aztcqn thanked Neil
  • 11 years ago

    Simply gorgeous! It looks like you are having good luck with getting your plants to flower. It really is worth all the hard work, isn't it?

    I missed my 'Flying Saucer' bloom last year, and this year the buds fell off :-( I have two of them and the new one just seems like it wants to grow with no desire to ever flower.

    We have had a crazy summer this year and all my hybrids started blooming later than last year. I have never seen Prometheus before, but I don't have anymore room for Tricho hybrids so I will just have to enjoy yours.

    aztcqn thanked notolover
  • 11 years ago

    Hi notolover!

    I, actually, followed your advice with the TigerBloom food. They were happy with it. they certainly enjoy the feedings and have read they need to be fed heavily in Spring for best blooms. My echis drop a lot of buds because I'm not watching the weather and sun. I find that watering at the right time and sun is the most important cultural effort. Still working it out. I, also, sprinkle a slow release Nutricote on all of them. I'm not getting my bouquets of blooms, I suspect, because they are under a big shade tree. :(

    I don't have any other spot for them yet.

    Glad you dropped by! I know you have some great hybrids in your stable. I'll be looking out for your pics when they pop once again!

    Btw, do you know what ever happened to Plantomaniac?

  • 11 years ago

    I have been sharing pics, but I'll put them here so you don't have to go hunting for them. Most of my multiple buds are in a holding pattern, but here's what's bloomed recently.

    Paramount "Gold ?'


    Schick 'Infinity'


    Schick 'Spectre'


    Unknown Lobivia


    Unnamed Trichocereus yellow with a delicious fragrance


    'Rose Quartz' This one has been blooming it's head of this year after being flower stingy for years


    Unknown hybrid purchased on Ebay.


    An Altman 'Rainbow Burst' white/pink/lilac flowers


    Rheingold Steintaler


    'Infinity' 2nd bloom after a rain.

    And no, sorry I don't know what happened to Plantomaniac. When Gardenweb changed to houzz I didn't post much either so maybe that's what's going on.

    I know what you mean about space. I have to keep them away from afternoon sun so that limits where I can put them. It seems like I'm constantly moving them :-)


  • 11 years ago

    Man, it still amazes me how big and beautiful the blooms on cacti are. Thank you so much for sharing!

  • 11 years ago

    They are alluring. The little guys are the gateway to the large cactus with 6 inch blooms.

    ;)


0
Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals