Software
Houzz Logo Print
darcycollins1982

Dark Colors in Kitchen

11 years ago
Hi,

I have a townhouse and I am choosing finishes. It has an open plan main level that includes the living room, dining room and kitchen. There are only windows at the back and front. I love dark wood and intend to put in laminate or hardwood. What colours/tones would best meet our needs for a contemporary space that won’t be too dark?
Kitchen · More Info

Comments (2)

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Hey Darcy,

    Your dark wood laminate or hardwood floors will provide you with a great base to build upon. Since this space may be lacking in natural light with only windows at the front and back, you’ll want to keep your other furnishings and finishes light and airy.

    Consider maple for your kitchen cabinets, with a stainless steel counter-top to add sparkle to the kitchen and dining area. A green-blue glass tile backsplash will lend a fresh, clean look to the kitchen.

    Darcy Collins thanked Leib Designs
  • 11 years ago

    Thank you!