catjackabby
8 years ago
what kind of floors are these?
White Oak Floors · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Carlisle Wide Plank Floors
    8 years ago

Hello @catjackabby, Thanks for your comments and questions. These floors are wide plank White Oak with Carlisle Amber finish. The widths are 8" - 12" wide. We use northern grown oak so the rich color and grain is so striking. We graded this floor in a Signature Grade so it does have some of the natural character, like knots. Please contact us if we can provide you with any samples, or answer any further questions. We also sell direct. Have a great day!

• catjackabby
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I am moving into a 1700s farmhouse with multiple additions so there is a few different species of wood: pine, oak and possibly fir. we are removing a few wall to wall carpets and may have to replace what is underneath. Also there is australian cypress in the kitchen which need boards replaced but if it isn't under the island I may remove all of it. I have 3 kids and 3 dogs and am looking for a durable finish . Any recommendations?

• PRO
    8 years ago

White Oak is a great wood floor for a busy home, it is very durable. Our Amber finish (Which can be applied on site or we can finish it for you) is also very durable and protects the floor well from traffic, spills, water, etc. You can also touch it up in just a few hours, with no sanding, so down the road, its easy to keep your floor looking good (that is not the case with a lot of floors). I think the biggest decision will be choosing the right color. I would suggest you send us some pictures of the other floors - the Pine, Oak, and Fir you have already, and which will be staying in the home. The wider boards will be a nice touch because they won't look like anything else in the home (at least from the sounds of it), but they still have an old look - because they are so wide, which is good for a 1700's farmhouse. And we can send you some samples to find the right color, to complement the other floors. We'd be happy to help just give us a call 800-595-9663.

• Liz Arthur
    7 years ago

Which collection is this in? Thanks.

• PRO
    7 years ago

Good Morning Liz, Thanks for your question. This would be very similar to [Lamp Shade from the Traditional Collection[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/lamp-shade-traditional-living-room-boston-phvw-vp~22190069).

Lamp Shade · More Info

You may also like Hideaway, from the Retreat Collection if you prefer more of the warm, amber tones.

Hideaway · More Info

Please let us know if you have any questions or would like sample of this, or any of our floors. We make each floor to order so if these products don't meet your needs, we can also match the original photo above exactly. We look forward to hearing from you.