Software
Houzz Logo Print
notolover

Some more August blooms

11 years ago


Schick 'Crepe Crusader'


Mexican Hat Nursery 'That's Gold'


'McComb's Red' from Arizona Cactus Sales


Some kind of Lobivia hybrid--very small, cute flowers.

Schick 'Charlemagne'

Trichocereus 'First Light'


Unknown hybrid--do not know what it is or where it came from, but I love it.

Comments (18)

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Here's more,


    Dimmit 'Raspberry'


    Schick 'Flatty Cake'


    Schick 'Oberon'

  • 11 years ago

    Sunday--The first is unknown, the 2nd is Trichocereus Wessner 'Dione'; the flower is 7" across.


  • 11 years ago

    Here are a few more :-)

    Dimmit 'Apricot Glow'


    Schick 'Pink Diamond'


    'Gold' from Arizona Cactus Sales


    Schick 'Intrigue'


    Schick 'Antimatter'


    Dimmit 'Yes'


    Schick 'Desdemona'


    Schick 'Sleeping Beauty'

  • 11 years ago

    Wednesday blooms:

    Paramount 'Rose'


    Schick 'Maria Piazza'


    'Lady Evelyn'


    Altman 'Rainbow Burst' yellow


    Schick 'Hyrave'

  • 11 years ago

    Oh wow, you're lucky to have so many! And with all these lovely blooms.. I want to get one myself-just gotta pick which kind. ;) Thank you for sharing!

    notolover thanked Becky
  • 11 years ago

    OhMyWow!!!!!!! Your flowers are fantastic! Gorgeous gorgeous displays. McCombs Red and the little blush centered mini below it are beautiful, they all are. You grow them so well. Mine have yet to fill out as these.

    Thanks for posting. Breathtaking beauties. I must hunt for Sleeping Beauty, now.

    notolover thanked aztcqn
  • 11 years ago

    aztcqn,

    My 'Sleeping Beauty' has a nice pup and the McComb's Red also has pups if you want one of those. I don't know what the root situation is, but they both will be repotted next spring. Do you want me to put a note on them or would you rather look for a larger plant?

    'Sleeping Beauty' is one of my jewels, even though the flowers are very short-lived. It also smells nice.

    The picture of McRed on the Arizona Cactus Sales site has flatter petals, but this is the 2nd year it bloomed with those crinkly petals--I kind of like them.

    Flowering is winding down fast, but this one is now one of my favorites--Schick 'Afterglow'.

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Ooh a trade sounds great! Thank you! i llook forward to next spring for these new babies. Shall we wait for next spring for greater chance of rooting? I will also have a better catalog of babies from my collection for your choice.

    :)

    Afterglow- what a beauty! You know, I maaaay already have Sleeping Beauty if its a Schick cause I ordered quite a few from the Huntington. My list is on my laptop thats in the shop atm. Will check my yard next few days.

    I love your wonderful plants and admire your getting them to bloom skills!

    notolover thanked aztcqn
  • 11 years ago

    Well, the plants actually do all the work--I'm already trying to figure out how to give some of them more light next year. It's such a fine line. The light definitely seems to effect the flowering, but a little too much and they don't like it and shut down.

    And I have a couple of little Trichocereus that I have had for years that absolutely will not bloom for me so next year they are going out with the big guys to see if that helps pop out some buds.

    It took me years before mine started blooming faithfully and it looks like you are well on your way in a much shorter time. Those Huntington pups are so small that they can take a while, I did have a few exceptions that bloomed when they were very tiny.

    We can wait until spring, I'll make a note and keep a close eye on the parents through winter. I think the 'Sleeping Beauty' pup is not in the dirt and it only has aerial roots so waiting until spring may not make a difference. I usually like to leave them with the parent so they get bigger. So let me know :-)

  • 11 years ago

    Exquisite. DESDEMONA for me!

    notolover thanked Neil
  • 11 years ago

    You are right! Most of my echis are still pup sized. But they are still growing and staying fat. And some are putting out pups like mad! I love Spring and always look forward to it year after year.

    notolover thanked aztcqn
  • 11 years ago

    The last of the August flowers :-(

    Schick 'Djinni'

    Schick 'Oaxaco'


    Unknown from Poot's House of Cactus

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    The soft pastel bicolors are my favorites. Unknown Poots- breathtaking. These latest are so beautiful!

    notolover thanked aztcqn
  • 11 years ago

    Aztcqn:

    The Poot's hybrid also has some nice sized pups so I will keep you in mind :-)

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I so want the bouquets you are getting. Hope my babies are large enough next Spring. Can't wait til next Spring. When this horrible heatwave is over I can check on the inventory.

    notolover thanked aztcqn
  • 11 years ago

    They look so magnificent mostly the apricot glow thanks for posting

    notolover thanked coolplants007
  • 10 years ago

    Yeah, I checked my plants. Most are 3 inch max. A few are over 4.5 and some are throwing massive amount of pups over flowers. I think even the small amount of nitrogen will boost plant rather than flowers. Beginning of next Spring they will only get high phos and mag.

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions