Software
Houzz Logo Print
creative1967

tub

13 years ago
what size is this tub?
Austin Texas Residence · More Info

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    That is an existing historic tub & sink; the photo was taken standing in the doorway, and to move around in this bathroom (6-ft 9 1/2-in x 5-ft 6-in) a little 'shimmying' required. Modern bathrooms are designed with more clearance than this c. 1890 bathroom; it's one of the most charming and popular characteristics of this historic home.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I recently found the dimensions of this tub: it is 5-ft 6-in long and 2-ft 6 1/2-in wide
  • 13 years ago
    Can you tell me where I can buy one? I love the length!!! I looking to convert my bathroom..
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Working in historic preservation we usually source from antique shops, estate sales, and/or auctions with the intent to refurbish.

    And as food for thought I'm going to cut-n-paste a similar discussion. imlaurel: "Before you replace a regular tub, decide if you really want to have to clean under and behind a clawfoot. If you like long soaks, some clawfoots don't hold the heat and you spend so much time adding hot water to keep warm that it isn't relaxing."

    And we added "We agree with Laurel's comment. It is important to do research first. We work with historic cast iron tubs which have superior heat retention but they are also very heavy, especially once loaded with water."
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    vivianmensah - We offer a traditional 67" rolled rim clawfoot tub like this one on our website.
    http://www.classicclawfoottubs.com/