Software
Houzz Logo Print
claire9824

Which Quartz?

11 years ago
These are my inspiration photos. I have ordered the blue tile. I am will have a similar under mount tub and a similar half tile/half glass shower.
http://houzz.com/photos/20833263
http://houzz.com/photos/20833236


My floor is Rox Grigio, the first photo.


Which Quartz do you like? It will be for counters, tub surround top and shower wall top.

Comments (31)

  • 11 years ago
    I can choose any Cambria Quartz so other Cambria suggestions are great too.
  • 11 years ago
    I have also ordered white cabinets if that was not clear.
  • 11 years ago

    To be more like your inspiration picture the whitest quartz would be my choice.

  • 11 years ago

    Make sure that the white cabinets look right with the light quartz. There are so many colors of white--some have cream undertones. Be careful.

  • 11 years ago
    Thanks! My choice was firmly the Torquay, but as I was finishing up my cabinet/Quartz order, a grey color was suggested to me by the cabinet designer. I said no, but I started second guessing myself!

    So, the cabinet color I chose was matched to the Torquay. Thanks for reassuring me!!

    I said no thanks at the time (a couple of days ago), but I've thought about it a lot since. I'm sure she'd be surprised how much thought I've put into her off-hand comment!!
  • 11 years ago
    I think of the Torquay as a neutral and think there is no problem with it and the Rox Grigio flooring, but that is what I started questioning since she had not seen my floor choice before. Or that she thought the grey counter would look better with that floor. That is exactly what's been running through my mind.

    Anyway, thanks again. Always helps to hear from others.
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I think you should go for the Torquay, as long as you have seen the actual sample, and not just a photo. It always helps to hold all of your materials together under the same light, preferably natural day lighting! Hope that helps!

  • 11 years ago
    Thanks, MWM. Yes, we had all of the samples together. I am happy w/my choices!

    I do listen carefully to what she says because she is a trained designer but now I believe she was just offering an alternative. She is coming by my house this week so I suppose I will just ask her.
  • 11 years ago

    Avoid going with too much grey. Getting very tired of it already, so many using it. You must be the happy one with the choice even though you hired a designer.

  • 11 years ago
    Torquay or plain white
  • 11 years ago
    Sandradclark, she has designer credentials and has been advising me, but she works at the cabinetry and countertop store.
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I would go with the torquay, especially if you chose the cabinet white to match it. The other ones being a firm contrast will make the space a little more contemporary than your inspiration. Your attention is going to go to the countertop planes instead of the bigger picture. They do go with the scheme, dont get me wrong, but I dont think it will give you the overall look you are trying to achieve.


  • 11 years ago
    I know what you are saying about grey, but it is hard to avoid. It's everywhere. Note my blue tiles though. This is my house to grow old in and blue has always been my favorite color. I have never added or bought anything that was not neutral in color before. Obviously, I'm talking about permanent or semi-permanent stuff. So, this is actually pretty exciting for me! Blue tile!!
  • 11 years ago
    You will be very happy with the Torquay. Plus it is most like your inspiration picture. Good choices and good luck.
  • 11 years ago
    Thanks!!
  • 11 years ago
    I think pure white. I'm afraid the pattern of the Torquay may clash with the flooring. Too busy perhaps. Keep it clean with pure white.
  • 11 years ago
    I like the Torquay. It looks like marble and will go great with your floor. I agree with the above post--don't use too much gray.
  • 11 years ago
    Thanks everyone. I have considered other floor tiles with less motion. These are my floor samples. I like them all so more opinions on them would be great.


    1) The first two are Dream Perla in different lights.
    2) The next two are Broadmoor Platinum
    3) The last two are the Rox Grigio
  • 11 years ago
    I can't see the number 3 Rox Grigio pics so I'll add them again:
  • 11 years ago
    Actually, the Dream Perla first one was shot by me in the store and the other from on-line. It is more like the first lighter pic.
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    The lone tile in the pic is the exact tile from the inspiration photo. http://houzz.com/photos/20833263

  • 11 years ago
    Oh never mind! I like the Rox Grigio best so I will stick with it. I am being too sensitive although "clash" is a strong word.
  • 11 years ago
    Together.
  • 11 years ago

    I'd do a solid color tile for the floors not one with any movement. I'm afraid it will fight with your counters.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I would use the Torquey for a nice soft look

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I love the Torquay, but also have a look at the new colors that Cambria has coming out! Check out Ella and Britannica, there is gorgeous happening there!

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    It's a side-ways photo, but this is our new office top in Britannica - a truly magnificent choice!

  • 11 years ago
    Very nice!! I've already ordered Torquay though. Thanks!
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    The key is seeing the potential a room has. We have some really great design ideas in our idea books! Please feel free to check them out. We would love to answer any questions and help you envision the space of your dreams. (Don't forget to follow our profile for future inspirations!)

  • 9 years ago

    We're your cabinets grey or white with the Torquay? I am trying to find the right gray. My floor is gray some beige silver