Software
Houzz Logo Print
info3799

Hi Kate!

11 years ago
This is a beautiful kitchen, I am repainting my kitchen and presently have white cupboards with a black island. I want to change the island to the duxbury grey. ive been searching for a great backsplash, and was considering a white glass arabesque, grouted with a platinum colour. I am rethinking that now that I see these great craftsmen subways. im just afraid they will end up looking very linear.I guesstimate about a 25 ft longx16"expanse, plus another 8 feet on the range wall. I want to recreate that homey farmhouse feel.
19th Century Farmhouse Renovation; updated photos by Mick Hales · More Info

Comment (1)

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Thank you so much! The arabesque tile is beautiful but definitely gives a bit more of a european/spanish feel. So if you are looking for a more North American Farmhouse feel, the subway tile is more traditional. I also often use painted 5 " wide bead board to cover the wall between the upper and lower cabinets, with a 4" stone backsplash around the counter edges.

    huroniaarts ARTS thanked Kate Johns Designs