Software
Houzz Logo Print
dandrohan

Swapping light fixtures

13 years ago
last modified: 13 years ago
We just purchased gorgeous home that has a very classic exterior and layout but is dressed with very contemporary/modern light fixtures and hardware. I can live with the door and plumbing harware, it is sleek and modern. I dont mind modern but cannot stand contemporary, necessarily. The lighting and some paint colors lean very contemporary.Would like to mix modern with more casual feel.
I am going to replace most light fixtures. My issue is that they are all high end, quality fixtures. It will cost a pretty penny for me to replace with my own taste considering I prefer quality as well. Can anyone tell me the best way I might go about selling or swapping the current light fixtures? I know of ebay or Craig's List but doesnt seem like a huge market for lighting on there. I feel bad b/c these fixtures are costly, just not my style!
Has anyone ever heard of a store or designer making trades for such a project? Any suggestions as to what to do?