Software
Houzz Logo Print
kitchentuneuplittlerock

Dark is the new Light!

Have you heard? The newest style in kitchens are darker tones. Here we have a classic example of how "dark is the new light". The existing cabinet boxes were painted a dark grey to match the new shaker door style. The countertops were replaced with quartz and a new 6 x 12 white subway tile backsplash was installed. The homeowner also installed new LVT flooring in a wood look. What a beautifully striking result, don't you think? Please tell us what you think about it. Leave a comment or call us today, at 501-223-8888, to set up your free in home consultation.


Comments (17)

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Great choice of color and flooring!

    Kitchen Tune-Up Little Rock, AR thanked Fratantoni Interior Designers
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Looks great!

    Kitchen Tune-Up Little Rock, AR thanked Bob McLean
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Love the grey!

    Kitchen Tune-Up Little Rock, AR thanked Shake It Up! Business Solutions
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Great job!

    Kitchen Tune-Up Little Rock, AR thanked May Construction, Inc.
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    You are correct hayleydaniels. However, in this scenario the countertops, backsplash, and floor provided the light contrast need to avoid the black hole.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Nice floor !

  • 10 years ago
    I agree with you I even dared to expresso color and all I have is a offset window however with enough light it does not look dark in my opinion.

    Good choices on all the changes.
    Kitchen Tune-Up Little Rock, AR thanked Idicula Samuel
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Great transformation!

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Grey combinations are so nice right now!!! I stole a picture I love from this flooring company! The wood table stained grey is top class.

  • 10 years ago
    I for one am so happy darker cabinets are back.I have noticed the white cabinets show scratches and marks easily.My oak cabinets- just had them refaced-are 25 years old and are still beautiful.White kitchens are however very beautiful.Just purchased a repurposed hutch,had it painted white and it brightened up my open concept floor plan.
  • 10 years ago
    The floor looks great in the picture. What does it look like close up? I'm trying to decide whether to get Luxury Vinyl Plank for my own kitchen. Is there anything you don't like about it, now that you have it installed? Can you tell me the brand and color? Thanks!
  • 10 years ago

    It looks nice.

    Kitchen Tune-Up Little Rock, AR thanked Architectural Notice
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Looking great! Good combination of contrasting colors. It's neat, simple and classy.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Love the change. Looks really clean and brighter than before picture. Thanks for sharing.

    Kitchen Tune-Up Little Rock, AR thanked Stecki Construction
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Great choice of color of cabinets & flooring.

    Kitchen Tune-Up Little Rock, AR thanked M&R Custom Millwork Inc
  • PRO