Software
Houzz Logo Print
ctkathy

Love Sinks

13 years ago
Can you tell me who makes these wonderful sinks? Just the right depth and size!
A Small Bathroom · More Info

Comments (9)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Sinks are by Kohler. I love them!
  • 13 years ago
    Oh, looks like the Watercove Wading Pool from their website. Thank you for your answer! I hope to use these with my Waterworks faucets. Love your tile and stone, too.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thank you CTKATHY. The stone is a real bargain. The walls, floors and shower are all from the Greecian White marble collection from Home Depot. (Yes, they spell Greecian like that.). The countertop is Arabescata marble. It's hard to find this level of gray, though. I think a white Carrera would look good, too. Good luck with your bath. I'd love to see pictures when you are finished.
  • 13 years ago
    I ran right over to Home Depot and picked up some of the marble to work with. I may use a quartz countertop and picked up several samples. My husband doesn't really like this type of black/marble flooring. I'm wondering about setting the subway in a herringbone pattern on the floor and using the larger squares in the shower on walls; smaller squares in backplash as you show here. I have polished marble 12x12 now on the bathroom floor and haven't had a problem with slipperyness, so that is an option also. I'm finally getting somewhere with finalizing decisiions. Thank you. Thank you.
    (I am having dark wood cabinets, too. My cabinets will be all drawers)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    To see the subway tile installed, go to the master bath in my project book, Historic Braehead. We used it on the walls. It is a smaller size than most subway tile. The herringbone pattern you mentioned would be beautiful on the floor, but since the tiles are individual, not on a sheet like the other mosaics, you will need a really great tile man (or woman). Plus, expect to pay quite a bit more for the extra work. Another alternative would be to use the 2" x 2" mosaics (on a 12" x 12" sheet) on the floor. These are the ones in the border in my pictures. You could put it on the diagonal, if you like that look as much as I do. If you go this route, you could use the subway herringbone pattern on a smaller scale like the border. Just a thought...your ideas sound beautiful. I am happy to provide the inspiration you needed to get a plan together!
  • 13 years ago
    I looked at all your ideabooks and they are wonderful. What is the grout color you used? I think it really makes the tile pop. I will find out about the costs of the tile install. My contractor's partner is the tile installer so he doen't mark up too much, but I love your alternate idea, too.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    The grout is unsanded Delorean Gray.
  • 13 years ago
    Love, love, love this bathroom!! What color is the paint you used on the walls?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thank you, tdalexander. The wall color in this bathroom is Benjamin Moore's Stoneington Gray, HC-170. It looks beautiful with the gray veins in the marble.