Software
Houzz Logo Print
leehudd

Frustrating Issue

10 years ago
Beginning to HATE your app. If you have a place to ask questions, your architects, vendors, and interior designers should answer questions. Please don't say that the information is in "more info" because most times there is NO info. Also, the few green tags help, but even then we may still have questions.
Without questions that are answered, your app is just a lovely PICTURE place.
I am ready to delete the app.
Can you address this frustrating issue?

Comments (15)

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I would love to...but I don't work for Houzz. If this is an issue with programming, please send your complaints/comments directly to the people at Houzz. The next time you are on a computer/pc/laptop, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Contact Us"...now send your message.

  • 10 years ago
    I glanced at some of your photo questions. Many designs are custom or are only available to the trade. If you want to source something, take the photo to an interior designer you work with and they can source through the trade.
  • 10 years ago

    In other words the information that you get is equal to the amount you are paying for.

  • 10 years ago
    The photos posted are for inspiration, obviously a professional designer is not going to give you every source.
    Even though you would not be able to buy it in a retail setting, their clients Have paid to have a custom designed room. I would not be a happy client if my designer was posting it on the Internet and announcing where to purchase my custom furnishings and accessories.
  • 10 years ago
    Well, I guess you guys handed me my coat. I can leave now.
  • 10 years ago

    If you're interested in a web site that has professionals giving you advice on how to decorate, this isn't the site you should be on. Think of Houzz as more of a giant brainstorming community, helping each other out. No professionals are hired by the Houzz team to just answer questions. I think you're just misunderstanding the purpose of this website and the app.

  • 10 years ago
    As a matter of fact, all of you are wrong. If you notice, there is a section that invites us to ask questions. So if the section exists, someone intended that, voluntarily, questions might be answered. Maybe you should visit the photo section more often.
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Hire a local professional if you wish to create professional level results. You are not entitled to receive for free what another has paid for.

    If you want to upload pictures with concrete well framed specific questions about how to improve an aspect of that space, that is what the Design Dilemma is for. It's not for free full service design work. Do you work for free at your job?

  • 10 years ago
    Free app, free pics, free advice, free to leave...
  • 10 years ago
    Sophie Wheeler: my husband and I have had eight houses built for us in our 40 some years of marriage. I can't begin to tell you how many professionals have helped us create our finished projects: builders, interior decorators, hundreds of sub contractors and imagine all the vendors we have loved having in our lives. I have never seen so much vitriol spewed from all these comments. I have never expected anything for free, have paid for fine building materials and for excellent decorators.
    Remember what I said about the question section?
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    The key word you used is "voluntarily" - no one is required to answer.

  • 10 years ago

    leehudd, I think that you are grossly misunderstanding the purposes of everyone here. I'm not being sarcastic or snide in my comment, and if you're taking it wrong I'm sort of sorry. The "ask question" option is just that -- an option, both for you and for the professional. No one has to answer your question. You seem to understand this... so I'm not sure what your issue is. Are you upset that no one is choosing to answer your question? I'm sorry if we're all misunderstanding you, could you clarify what you are upset about?

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I agree it is just a forum for pros to weigh in if they choose.

  • 10 years ago
    The thing is, most of your questions were answered in a very professional manner. Not sure why you are so upset :)