Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
writersblock_gw

Summit CMV24 speed oven?

writersblock (9b/10a)
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Does anyone know who makes the Summit CMV24 speed oven?

http://www.summitappliance.com/catalog/model/CMV24

All I've been able to find out so far is that it's a rebadge (very obtrusively ugly rebadge IMHO) of a European brand, but I can't find anything that seems to be quite the same.

EDIT Adding pic, to see if anyone recognizes it:

Comments (8)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks. I'm glad that we stayed away from it, then. It was just too hard to find any reliable info about it at the time.

• PRO
    eco-modpod
    7 years ago

Here is the info on Summit Appliances made in the USA since 1969: https://www.summitappliance.com/about

writersblock (9b/10a) thanked eco-modpod
  • writersblock (9b/10a)
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Thanks, eco-modpod, but I'm afraid I don't see the relevance there. Summit makes no pretense that all their appliances are US made--it's not a negative that a fridge is actually a Vestfrost, for instance. And for another example, if their small slide in range isn't made by Blomberg, Blomberg should get after them for stealing their documentation, page layout, and most illustrations from their manual, along with the design details of the actual appliance and just changing the title page of the manual.

There's nothing wrong with rebadging, especially when it gets you a much better price. I just wish their logo wasn't so ugly and so darned large.

• justine lowe
    6 years ago

Yes, I'm also looking for reviews on the summit speed oven. It's the perfect combo for my kitchenette and a reasonable price too, always reluctant to purchase when theres no favorable or reliable reviews out there.

writersblock (9b/10a) thanked justine lowe
  • writersblock (9b/10a)
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Yes, I still haven't found out for sure what it is, justinlowe. They wound up going with a Bosch, I think it was, because of the lack of reviews.

• Kim Smasne
    6 years ago

These are horrible units! We purchase 7 of them for a remodel job and all 7 out of the box were defective. Called Summit and tech department was of no help. Also Summit does not have a trained tech in the Seattle area. We luckily were able to talk a local repair shop into trying to fix all the defective gaskets which he was able to do.

Now that the residents are moving in we are getting complaints that the oven does not heat up pass 300 degrees. I tested a unit and after 20 minutes the unit still didn't reach a temp beyond 300! Called Sunnit again and told them the issue we were having will all 7 CMV24 units and the tech on the phone simple asked if the fan was work, which it was and that is it. He had no clue what to ask or how to assist. Now they want us to box these up, ship them back to east coast, they will try to fix and if not will ship out another....Really? These people paid big money for these units and these ovens and that is the best Summit can do? No appliance repair place will touch them either because they are Summit.

Bottom line, stay away from these speed ovens and personally I would stay away from anything Summit.

writersblock (9b/10a) thanked Kim Smasne
  • writersblock (9b/10a)
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks for that, Kim. I must say, though, that I know a lot of folks who are pleased with their fridges. However, those are also sold through HD and other big box stores so perhaps there's more support for those, especially on the east coast.

But my friend will be glad she went with the Bosch speed oven.