0
Find the right pro for your project

Marigolds

bellarosa

Hi,

Anyone wintersow marigolds and if so, when is a good time to do it? I'm in zone 5 and use gallon milk containers for WS. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

• theforgottenone1013 (SE MI zone 5b/6a)

Lots of people winter sow marigolds. I sow annuals closer to spring after I've got all my perennials and other stuff done. But you can sow them whenever you've got the time.

Rodney

• sandyslopes z5 n. UT

I winter sow annuals in my second round, which is end of March through April. Even though marigolds do tolerate cold better than a lot of annuals, .....I've had marigolds grow back from seeds that overwintered outside when we've had a mild winter. ... I still wait to sow the annuals.

• bellarosa

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will wait to winter sow them until April.

• diggerdee zone 6 CT

I sow a lot of different marigolds, and they are very easy - like sandyslopes says, they come back often outside on their own. They are one of the annual seeds which seems to tolerate cold more easily. I've sown them as early as February and as late as April, and had success with them.