Software
Houzz Logo Print
aronmart87

ceiling height

10 years ago
the ceiling is 10' height.
do I need to buy an extension.
if so I need sku # and price
marty
5043196001
AKDY AK-Z10B6 Euro Stainless Steel Island Mount Range Hood, 36" · More Info

Comment (1)

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Dear omni,

    For our island mount range hoods,
    straight out of the box are meant to work for only 8'-9' ceilings.
    Unfortunately, it would not work for an 10' ceiling without any
    modifications/extensions.

    For safety concern, the manufacturer does not recommend
    modifications/extensions for island mount range hoods. When extensions are
    added to the island mount range hood it extends and makes the chimney longer,
    but doing so would increase the chance of the range hood swaying due to the
    centrifugal force which would potentially cause the range hood to become a
    hazard.

    I hope this helps. If you have any further concerns, please
    feel free to contact us. Our Business hours are M - F, 9AM to 5PM PST. If your
    message is left after business hours, we will respond to you on
    the next business day. Thank you for your patient.

    Best Regards,

    AKDY Customer Support