0
sherkelsey

Faucets

sherkelsey
What are the brand and models of both these faucets?
Classical Kitchen · More Info

• subeeskitchen
    Both are Dornbracht Tara
  • schepke
    do you think it is necessary to have the faucet finish and the hardware finish match? i'm doing brushed nickel for the hardware, but i think the faucet looks best in the polished chrome or nickel...the brushed is a little flat? do you think it's okay to mix?
  • subeeskitchen
    I think it's totally fine to mix and match in a kitchen. My cabinet hardware is brushed nickel and the faucets are chrome - BTW which is a more durable finish vs brushed nickel and also less expensive. Just repeat the different metals throughout the kitchen so one doesn't stand out. I.e., in my kitchen I have brushed finishes on the hardware, lighting and stainless appliances, and polished chrome with the faucets, range trim and accessories like the tea kettle.
  • schepke
    I was curious about your recessed lighting. I'm installing the smaller ones (3"). Do you like them? Are they LED? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I only have experience with the 6" and I feel they are too big for the space. Thx!
  • subeeskitchen
    I love the smaller ones. (Ours are not LED, but they're on a dimmer switch to save a little electricity). There are some comments on other Houzz questions regarding the lights & placement. Ours are spaced about 4' apart on centers. (You'll need more of the smaller ones to light the same area, and the smaller ones cost more, but I think they're worth it.)