0

Dining room nook wall

laineash
I, wonder what I can do with this wall to add some visual interest? This space is bordered by the kitchen and island to the right, sliding patio door to the left, and great room directly in front. All ideas are welcome!

• yvonnecmartin

I think that it is fine the way that it is. A book or two laying on its side on the side table may add interest, and maybe more the objects on the side table closer together.

laineash thanked yvonnecmartin
  • purrmichigan

You just need a larger table, something rustic. A copper lamp would look good on it, perhaps a few taller vases.

laineash thanked purrmichigan
  • Sam Gorson
    Why not make it a feature wall, painted a color you love, or add wallpaper or a large wall decal.
    laineash thanked Sam Gorson
  • Lila

I like it as is, although I do like the idea of a copper lamp or vase.

laineash thanked Lila
  • tatd
    Floating shelf! See inspiration pics.
    Newbury Street Penthouse · More Info

A.P. House · More Info

Lake Calhoun Residence · More Info
    laineash thanked tatd
  • Carolina
    Wallpaper that has an industrial look
    Cordona Wallpaper, Black, Brown and Gray, Roll · More Info
    laineash thanked Carolina
  • Carolina
    Or this one
    Removable Wallpaper-Ontario Rocks-Peel & Stick Self Adhesive, 24x96 · More Info
    laineash thanked Carolina
  • Carolina
    With a bit of copper in it
    Removable Wallpaper-Old Ironsides-Peel & Stick Self Adhesive, 24x120 · More Info
    laineash thanked Carolina
  • Carolina
    Concrete-look wallpaper
    Rubbed Concrete Mural Wallpaper, Sample · More Info
    laineash thanked Carolina
    Studio M Designs

A buffet / sideboard with with a minimalist approach in styling will suit the space in terms of scale. Few accents to add on top of it : A leaning framed art , a set of 3 candle holders , a small plant, a set of books maybe.

Contemporary Buffets And Sideboards · More Info

laineash thanked Studio M Designs
  • groveraxle

I love everything about this room. You just need this:

3 Large White Modern Ceramic Bottle Vases in Modern by sarapaloma · More Info

laineash thanked groveraxle
  • erinsean

I like it as it is.

laineash thanked erinsean
  • mhlmusings
    Hi. Pretty room with great natural light. The room has lots of hard edges in it from the many windows and the dining table. It needs some softness. If you put a small lamp on that table buffet table that has a fabric shade and then an accessory that is round (a pretty bowl) you might find happiness. Overall though the room needs to have fabric - an upholstered chair in a corner, cushions on on dining room chairs and a coordinating rug of a good size under the table in order to warm things up. You are so close - this won't cost you big $$$. Good luck.
    laineash thanked mhlmusings
  • Carolina

Or you could lean a striking piece of art against the wall. Maybe add sheers...

Rugknots Area Rugs

I agree with the rug idea. I think you need a little texture and softness.