Software
Houzz Logo Print
ahesson08

Decorating TV stand

10 years ago
How should I decorate tv stand?? Pls post pic suggestions or give me some options? Do I need less stuff? It just looks so busy.... Also ignore tv wires those will be gone soon!

Comments (13)

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Agree with patriciahall. I'd move the TV down on the wall or use the stand if it came with one plus you won't see the wire. It's distracting to have deco below TV as is.

  • 10 years ago
    Thanks for the responses... I AGREE to move the TV down on the wall, my husband hung it up on the wall without me knowing and I came home and immediately said, why is the TV SO HIGH!!!!! It drives me CRAZY!!!! He doesn't want to move it down, I will work on the but was just trying to get a fix in the meantime!!! And that stupid wire!!!! I'm right there with u also to put it on a stand but for him there's something awesome about it hanging on the wall! Thanks again and I will work on convincing him to move it down :) lol
  • 10 years ago

    I agree...convince him to lower it. Also agree with having nothing between TV and console.

  • 10 years ago

    The credenza is lovely and you need to have the tv anchored by a piece that is at least 20% wider than the tv. Men and those big screens! Lowering the tv will definitely be more balanced and really more comfortable to watch. Love conquers.

  • 10 years ago
    Yes it took me FOREVER to find an affordable credenza that would somewhat balance out our HUGE tv :) but i will work my magic and we will get it lowered at some point! Thx!
  • 10 years ago

    Show him this, looks so much better. Lower TV take everything off surface. Take those small items off mantel and put up one larger item. Move that vase and stems out of corner and put in a live potted plant.

  • 10 years ago
    That's great! Thanks so much!
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Everyone has given you great advice, so I'm only going to add one more piece. Your last photo of the shelves at Hobby Lobby or whatever that store is...leave every little doodad you see right there on its shelf in the store. That's exactly where it belongs, not on a shelf in your house.

  • 10 years ago

    Shop the thrift stores and flea markets, the art fairs, the mercado when you go to that South American country, the basement of Louvre when you go to Paris. And display the lumpy ceramic pot your kid made in second grade rather than some generic clock, please.

  • 10 years ago
    groveraxle- the last part of your comment made me laugh at loud. I have several of those lumpy ceramic pots scattered about, great catch-alls for small odds and ends like loose change or my son's guitar pics : )
  • 10 years ago
    See if he's ok with you lowering the tv yourself. He's done the hard work already finding the studs in the wall. Drop straight down with new mounting holes the distance vertically that your want the TV lowered. He's already done that work for you too, figuring out how high up the mounting points need to be for the tv to sit at a certain height.
  • 10 years ago
    Funny thing about the clock is we needed one in the area and my son actually pick this one out so he can practice telling Time and it's his favorite color!!! Lol so it was a gift from him with a lot of thought out behind it :) he was so excited for me to put it up and tells everyone who comes through about the clock he bought me!
    But thanks everyone for the help!!! I've moved all the clutter off expect for the clock and a picture and it looks wayyyyy better! We will lower soon! Thanks again everyone