Software
Houzz Logo Print
nylawang

Do I really need the backsplash?

10 years ago

We're building a contemporary home and over budget by 10% already. We've already cut down the bigger items, now we need to find small savings whenever we can. One thing I thought of is backsplash in 3 bathrooms. I have pedestal sinks in 2 of the them, and one vessel sink in powder room. I really like having a white sink in contrast to a darker wall, however having the full wall tiled would be expensive. It's about $10 material + $10 labor per sqf. It's $1200 per bathroom.

I noticed the following pictures don't seem to have backsplash, nothing prevents water from splashing onto the wall. In the past week, I've been checking out all fancy restrooms in hotels and restaurants. I tried my best to do the most splashy hand-washing, but found very little water actually got on to the wall, mirror, tile, whatever the setup is.

The question is do I really need backsplash as a function thing? Can I just paint the wall and wait until I have money to do it right in the future?

Badezimmer · More Info

Royal York Residence · More Info

Afton · More Info

Comments (11)