Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenadep12

Water resiatant

helenadep12
8 years ago
Can this be installed around the bathtub?
27 Sq. Ft. Plant Fiber Wainscot Wall Panel, 10 Panels · More Info

Comments (12)

• dolphin103
    8 years ago

No. I just installed these in my living room. Packaging says they don't like water. It would be great if someone made them out of plastic.

• Lisa A
    8 years ago

if it's a soaking bathtub and not a bath/shower combo I would say yes. Frequent or plentiful exposure to water would obviously just get soaked up into it since it's a fiberboard.

• PRO
    Shabby2chic Interiors
    8 years ago

I believe this product is good for dry locations only. These days you can find textural multi-level tiles out there (slightly smaller scale than the above) these days to give you the above look, but a little smaller.This would be a product you could you to give interest to a bedroom wall - i.e. behind the bed for different look. It could be used in a living room, perhaps a family room where an interesting wall treatment would have value. It can be painted I believe, if it is the similar product we looked at for sound reflecting qualities in the Community Centre. We were going to apply a border of 2 high just below ceiling level around the walls all around the upper auditorium - sound deflection, interesting eye appeal and function. I do not think this product has waterproof qualities and it is not for use here water will be splashed on it or in a shower area. I think you would be unhappy and having to replace it. Try it in another location it could make for an interesting wall treatment.

• Gigi
    8 years ago

I would ask the manufacturer.

• PRO
    360 Cabinets LLC
    8 years ago
    It's going to be hard to clean especially in the corners
  • Robson Sater
    8 years ago

Hey...I am just putting this on my bedroom wall...Its not the best thing to have around water! Unless you really put some great coats of paint...But it is made out of hard paper. I also want to use it in my bathroom! Please keep us updated on what you do!

• cyn029
    8 years ago
    No, you can't. Most are made from MDF. I did see a brand made from sugarcane.
  • Robson Sater
    8 years ago

what kinda paint should i use on this? just a white primer and the water base paint?

HELPPPPPP***

• Susan Rosner
    8 years ago
    I spray painted mine. No need to prime in my opinion
  • PRO
    Shabby2chic Interiors
    8 years ago

Apparently Abrahamfeldman has a similar product in plastic, that might be your solution to putting it on the bathroom walls. Only put a waterproof product on your walls in a water/steam area - you will not be disappointed that way and have wasted all that money doing it. I am sure there are multiple designs of this product available in a water friendly product, i.e. plastic and it can be painted to suit your decor. A win, win all the way around.

• PRO
    Anina eirl
    7 years ago

My product comes with an array of at least 25 metal look and wood colors and several white colors. All ready to use. However if a particular color is needed you can spray paint it with paints like Acrolon 218 HS or any other type of epoxy paint.