Software
Houzz Logo Print
mywestiepal

Spring 2016 Irises blooming

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago

our garden · More Info

I ordered several bearded irises from Napa and Schreiner's last year and the year before. I got busy in the summer months getting my soil amended, plants labeled and got all planted (16) last fall.I have been patiently waiting for them to bloom. In Nevada we have been in a drought so with all the welcomed rain this spring the garden is finally coming into bloom. Sharing a few pictures of my bearded iris. The first one is named Ocelot.

Comments (12)

  • 10 years ago

    our garden · More Info

    our garden · More Info

    our garden · More Info

  • 10 years ago

    Love the dramatic look of Ocelot & the blue one calls me, I'm a fan of the blues.

  • 10 years ago

    irisgal_z9 , I'm sorry the info wasn't there when you click more info, I'm a newbie to the forum and couldn't figure out why it didn't post. The blush lavender flower is called Jennifer Rebecca a rebloomer. The blue has the name and the last one is iris is one someone gave me. I'm not sure of the name but from looking up it might be Alcazar a historic iris.

  • 10 years ago

    Thanks Lee. I'm in a drought area also and I had an iris bloom after 3 years of no bloom. The only thing I can figure is when we were have some storms and my rain barrels were full, I bailed water on that corner to make room for the next storm. 3 iris in the area that got that treatment all bloomed after 3 years of abstinence. Coincidence?


  • 10 years ago

    More TB irises bloomed over the weekend. I got these rhizome's from Schreiners last summer and so thrilled they are blooming so well for their first spring bloom. The first one is called Habit. What a nice clump it made and the second pic is one named About Town.


  • 10 years ago

    I have Habit too, & it really is a nice one. I like About Town

  • 10 years ago

    Thanks Nancy. Habit is putting on a good show. I also planted one called Dangerous Mood and hope it doesn't look too much like Habit. It is placed in an opposite planting bed with some purple irises. Those haven't bloomed yet.

  • 10 years ago

    They look something alike, but I like them both. Bloom time is different, so that helps. Habit has a much better performance here, Dangerous Mood tends to be moody & doesn't bloom every year. I've had it a few years longer too, & it hasn't multiplied nearly as much as Habit. Which, these days, I like that they don't multiply fast, but I really like bloom. Makes sense though, the multipliers are the ones that bloom like clockwork.

  • 10 years ago

    Ocelot has a captivating color combination. But I fear that many Ghio iris will not do well here.

  • 10 years ago

    I took a picture of my Dangerous Mood. Mine bloomed very late this year, maybe because I moved it last year, I see it is supposed to bloom EM, so it may bloom with Habit. you can see here that they are very similar, beards are different.

  • 10 years ago

    Nancy, What a beautiful picture you took of Dangerous Mood. Thanks for posting it. My DM is likely to bloom next week making it two weeks later than Habit. Possibly the climate is making all my iris later bloomers this spring.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting