Software
Houzz Logo Print
jill_mcclintock

Empty Room!!!

10 years ago
I have a clean slate to work with! What would you do? Please excuse the vacuum cleaner in the background!

Comments (24)

  • PRO
    10 years ago


    Hi J Mc,

    Are you looking to redecorate the room completely or add furniture to your existing colour scheme?

    A sofa matched with two patterned armchairs would look lovely in this space!

    Fentbury fitted large sofa in Barra Plain Kashmir · More Info

    Hamsey Chair in Liberty Hebe · More Info

    Lockton Chair · More Info


    The curtains seem to make the area look darker from the photos, is that right? Maybe look to get some lighter accessories to brighten up the space.

    Hope this helps,

    Sofas & Stuff

  • 10 years ago
    I like the color pillows you have i think a nice platinum or maybe slate grey couch or sectional would look nice. Maybe a accent wall with that pink color and a curtain with the pink and grey or cream color in if that has a pattern would look great. I like the accent furniture pieces that have the mirror look to give it more of a grown and sexy look.
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    What style do you want the room to be?

  • 10 years ago

    love your windows!!!

  • 10 years ago
    I'd like a casual glam look. I did have a deep purple sofa and two patterned occasional chairs in the space before but needed to refresh the look so I'm up for anything!
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Are you going to have a TV there?

  • 10 years ago

    I have not decided that yet!

  • 10 years ago

    Your sheers look skimpy. Add one or two more panels per window.

    Why is the sheer different on the left of the cabinet? They should all be the same.

  • 10 years ago

    Frame the lips in a thin gold frame and hang it about 3 inches over the cabinet.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    The mirrored cabinet looks more like a nightstand. It seems out of place in the room. You can go for an eclectic look but that's hard to pull off unless you have a knack that most of us don't have.

    Add a sofa.

    And two matching chairs

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    First things first..lol what kind vacuum is it? Does the head swivel to get under stuff?

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I love how you did the window treatments...perfect, especially the front window.

    The archway is great. I suggest, after you decide on fabrics you paint the entry a stronger color.

    Inspiration photos for you...

    The Salon by Leverone Design · More Info
    Entry Way · More Info

  • 10 years ago
    Beautiful inspiration picture!
  • 10 years ago

    Well, i found it all a little inspirational! did you see those prices at athome.com? I am going to steal some things from there first, maybe i will be back after. thank you brittany!

  • 10 years ago

    ok . I am back! would have taken longer, but i seem to have lost my save to ideabook key and can't seem to find a new one? anyway, you certainly have the bones for a glam room. those gray curtains, do you have a slightly glam stitch in those? it would be nice.

    Curtains, Window Treatments, Drapes & Curtain Panels | Pier 1 Imports · More Info


    DR International Kerr Linen Rod Pocket Sheer Curtain Panel & Reviews | Wayfair · More Info

  • 10 years ago


    Classic Velvet Sofa Nailhead Trim Accent Living Room, Gray · More Info

    Amazon.com: Madison Park 33x33x22.9-Inch Plywood Lance Bent Arm Accent Chair, Gr · More Info

  • 10 years ago
    I've decided on a hint of fuchsia with gray, mix with both gold and silver. May paint the front entry with the bold fuchsia color...
  • 10 years ago

    ok, you are on paint? that is supposed to be last?

  • 10 years ago
    HavingFun....are you commenting on the right post? Lol....
  • 10 years ago

    well, everything i see is soft goods, no mention of paint?

  • 10 years ago


    Birch Lane Daisy Pillow Cover | Birch Lane · More Info

    Birch Lane Opal Embroidered Pillow Cover | Birch Lane · More Info

    Decorative Pillows, Throw Pillows - $20-$39 Pillows | Pillow Décor · More Info

    Exrta Lrage Floor Cushion by Ambaloo on Etsy · More Info

    Modern Decorative Pillows - Size: 18" Square | AllModern · More Info

  • 10 years ago
    Hi JMc ....did I miss something...what exactly will be the purpose of this room?
  • 10 years ago
    I think athome.com has some fun furniture that would go with your glam look your going for. although its not patterned furniture i think that detailed accent couches and a plain couch with the pillows you have would make it look very glam. I feel like the patterned couches are always a go to and i think that for the design your going for a accent chair that has something with a chic detail would make the room come together.