Software
Houzz Logo Print
gretchenweigel

Experience with Barker Cabinets

10 years ago

Hey Friends,


I am wondering what you customer experience has been like w/ Barker Cabinets. I recently ordered cabinets. They took a couple weeks longer than longest estimate and have a myriad of somewhat minor issues -- scratches, worn edging & chips/flaking/split veneer (fairly large patches on sides, small on shelving) mostly. I am bummed about the situation, but I get that this happens (I noticed the pallet box showed some damage, and I think alot of the chipping relates to this, though I'm not sure how all the scratches happened).

I sent photos (4 emails worth!), & they have been courteous in response, saying they want me to be 100% happy, but seem to really be downplaying the damage, since much of it won't show or can be hidden if a I use certain sides of end pieces etc. I think a small refund equivalent to "as is" buy (10-20%) for the damaged boxes (that are too difficult to swap out) is in order in addition to replacing pieces (shelves mostly) that are easily swapped out.

The pallet box showed some damage, so they should be able to make a claim with shipping insurance.

Have you had a positive or negative experience in a situation like like this? Would love others' thoughts.

FWIW, the cabinets look beautiful (except for the damage, of course).

Thanks,

Gretchen


Comments (5)