Software
Houzz Logo Print
lana_shank

10 foot ceiling

10 years ago
Will this hood work for a 10ft ceiling, or is there a chimney extension designed for this hood?
AKDY 30" Wall Mount Range Hood Stainless Steel Touch Panel LED Two Mesh Filters · More Info

Comments (13)

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Dear Houzz Customer,

    Thank you for contacting us. In general, all our wall mount range hoods fits ceilings that are 8'-8' 6" straight from the box and all our island mount range hoods fits ceilings that are 8'-9' straight from the box. But if you are looking at wall mounts and would like to extend it higher than 8' 6" we do offer extensions for our wall mount chimneys only.

    When you purchase 1 piece extensions you will be getting a replica of the outer chimney, which you would need to stack on top of the existing two pieces.

    Ex. order of the stack from bottom of top: range hood, outer chimney, inner chimney, extension (outer chimney)

    When you purchase a 2 piece extensions you will be getting a replica of the outer chimney and the inner chimney, which you would need to stack on top of the existing two pieces.

    Ex. order of the stack from bottom to top: range hood, outer chimney, inner chimney, 1st extension piece (outer chimney), 2nd extension piece (inner chimney).

    These steps will continue to repeat with the additional pieces until desired height is reached.

    I hope this helps. If you have any further concerns, please feel free to contact us. Our Business hours are M - F, 9AM to 5PM PST. If your message is left after business hours, we will respond to you on the next business day.

    Thank you and best regards,

    Customer Support

  • 10 years ago

    Good tip but online it says that the range is stainless steel and I received a White one that does not match my appliance.

  • 10 years ago

    Could you please tell me the maximum height of unit with chimney fully extended? How much are the extensions and how do I order? Thank you.

  • 10 years ago

    I would like to order an extension. What is the phone number?


  • PRO
    9 years ago

    What is the height and price of each extension, and how do I contact you?

    Thank You,

    Steve


  • 9 years ago

    I would have to put up a part or half wall up against the ceiling. My stove is up against a 46" high wall. How much wall does this hood need? And, what determines whether with duct or ductless?


  • PRO
    9 years ago

    The hood could have top extensions to work at almost any height. the hood shown is a wall mount design. if you have an open area I would use an island hood design, which is about the same price. As far as using a duct or ductless most have a carbon filter available for going ductless.

  • 9 years ago

    How do I order the extension? If I need to call please forward phone number. Thank you

  • 9 years ago

    How do I order the extension?

  • 9 years ago

    Your customer support answered my question about a chimney extension, although they mentioned contacting them and gave their hours, they did not give the phone number, height of extensions, and how to order, thank you.

  • 9 years ago

    How do I contact somebody about an extension for a 10' ceiling?

  • 9 years ago

    How do I contact someone about getting a hood extension for this hood.