macroclemys

Piyo Piyo X Moonshine

macroclemys

In 2014 I made a cross between these two yellow Komoriya hybrids:

Moonshine is on the left and Piyo Piyo is on the right. I originally had quite a few seedlings from this cross, but have lost many of them to rot. I was a little worried that I might lose them all before getting any blooms. But this week I was fortunate to spot a scape of a survivor in one of my hippeastrum beds.

The coolest thing about this cross is that the flowers are held vertically like a Zephyranthes, so I am dubbing this cross 'rainlily'. In fact, I first thought I might have accidentally made the cross with pollinon from Zephyranthes atamasco, which was blooming at about the same time as the photo above.

Here is a photo from above. At first the flowers were yellowish with a pale blush undertone:

The color intensified with age. This bed gets a few hours of direct, hot sun each day, so this undoubtedly contributed to the color.

And just one last photo...

Bill

• catsandhippies

Wow, what a show! Congratulations!!!

Anja

• dondeldux

Very lovely Bill!! It just goes to show that if we can grow more of our crosses to bloom like you seem to be able to do, no telling what gems we might all come up with!!

Donna

• Fred Biasella

Hi Bill,

What beautiful blooms, they almost have a species look to them :-)))) I agree with Donna, if this is an example...the others will be stunning.

Warm Regards,

Fred

• Pavel

Fantastic! Congrats.

• jstropic (10a)

Very unique! Very nice! - J

• Elena75

Hello Bill ! Congratulations ! Very good seedling, great job !

Best wishes,

Elena.

• mariava7

So unusually pretty! Piyo piyo does have some faint peach in it's flower color. It's surprising that it expressed so well in this seedling. Congratulations!

• georges_canaple

I am a very fan of the moon shine.

I expect you to have an offset of the hippeastrum could you please sent me.

• georges_canaple

iF YOU HAVE SOME SEEDS OF THE HIPPEASTRUM MOONSHINE I WILL SURPRISE.

TELL WHAT IS THE COST OT THESE SEEDS.

THANKS YOU

Bulb in A Box

This is really lovely!

• georges_canaple

it is absolutaly beautifull. But i would like some offset or seeds of moonshine.

Bulb in A Box

I have seen a cross with it