Software
Houzz Logo Print
ltdccr

Differing opinions from different cabinet makers

10 years ago

We are building a new house, so all options are available. The kitchen is quite large, and the ceilings are 10'. I love the look of inset cabinets. I am talking with two different cabinet makers before I make a decision. Cabinet maker A is more old school and has indicated that the insets can be a "nightmare" WHEN (not IF) the house starts to settle. Cabinet maker B indicates that cabinet maker A is just saying that because insets are more challenging and require a higher degree of skill. We live in Georgia if that makes any difference. In our current house, we have full overlay. I am starting to read about "partial overlay?" and did not even know what that means. Any advice anyone can give would be most helpful. Of course, I would never say money is no object, but I am willing to pay for what I want. But I don't want to buy myself a "nightmare"!

Comments (2)