Software
Houzz Logo Print
smileygreebins

Matching "old english white" to modern white bathroom fixtures

10 years ago

Sigh. I own a gorgeous antique basin, which is finished in the old english white, more of a cream color. I am changing out the loo/WC with another "old style" but modern standard version. It however comes in the typical stark white of most newly made bathroom fixtures. Any ideas folks on whether this is just a recipe for disaster? They will both be located in the same small powder room. I'm thinking maybe to put a timber loo seat on, and to paint the walls in an inky color, and be clever with the lighting, so that the differences in the colors of porcelain are possibly not so noticeable? When you're actually using the loo, you won't be able to compare it to the basin. The only time they'll be seen together is when you walk into the room?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert