Software
Houzz Logo Print
ilseforlife92

No choice but to move out!

10 years ago

I've lived in this apartment for 6 years and now I have no choice but to move out! The tenants upstairs have 2 children that run around and jump on and off their beds. They moved in a year after I had my son and he is now 5. Mind you they had their daughter n a baby on the way at that time. Well now that my son is 5 and I'm finally a stay a home mom and it's become hell! At first I didnt complain because they have two kids it must be harder right? I now have a premature baby that got discharge 4lbs. My son went to pre k and I stood home with my baby. From 7am-9pm is running back n forth, jumping, riding small bikes, bouncing a ball, screaming! I went upstairs ask to please keep it quiet my baby is trying to sleep but the next day it would be the same all over again. Now my daughter is 1 and she still takes nap and I just can't take it anymore. I use sleep with her which help her take 3 hours but I have things to do! Clean and cook. Its gotten me so stress out it force me to bang the ceiling! I'm done going upstairs and even my husband went upstairs a couple of times too! This is ridiculous! Not to long ago the landlord was using a sanding machine to sand the door to my apartment. Because she couldn't open it...was 9:30 pm and wouldn't you know it they came downstairs and told her it scared her kids cause it was loud..so she turned it off! Are you kidding me!! My baby is trying to sleep in the morning and for some reason nobody knows how to walk normal!!! I weigh close to 200! Yes I'm fatter than everyone upstairs and yet I don't stomp. They make my kitchen ceiling shake. My son bedroom light fuses out everytime they jump. I taught my son not to run. There's no reason to run inside! If he really want to play rough we go to the backyard! I even take them to the park! It 7 mins away walking! I just don't understand what's so hard telling ur kids to play nice and walk normal! To top it off now they are babysitting more kids upstairs!!!! I already talked to the landlord and she basically told me to deal with it...This really sucks! I'm just packing my stuff and time to move i guess. How does one deal with this when it goes on 24/7?!

Comments (3)

  • 10 years ago

    Have you ever formally reported it to the landlord?

    And to be honest, I'd complain too if someone was using a sanding machine at 9.30pm. Why wasn't the landlord doing this earlier in the day?

  • 10 years ago

    I have reported it. I invited her(landlord) and showed her how it sounded when they jump. All she told me was they are kids. As I tell everyone I understand that...I have kids of my own! My little one is walking now and my son is 5. I take them outside to play and walk. If it wasnt for my baby taking naps still I would be out and about. So I am home when my son is in school. We live in a decent neighborhood. I trying to understand how someone could keep their kids locked up 24/7! I wish I was exaggerating but I'm not. It's sad and annoying. I could be outside in the backyard with my kids and they would watch from their window....staring! I feel bad and I see why they jump inside the apartment. But it's so loud I even have a video!

    The landlord started sanding at that time because she noticed it at that time. Mind you she is like close to her 70's. She could open. The door so she started scraping and I guess her back hurted her n told her husband to sand it real quick...i know in the town i live in NJ 10:00pm is when all loud noise has to stop.

  • 9 years ago

    I'm assuming you've talked to your neighbor, and invited her to stay in your apartment and you go upstairs and have her kids jump on the bed and see what she says? My apartment manager is awesome and so is my next door neighbor and the one behind me. I'm in a one-story quad, and my next door neighbor says the four tenants behind him fight day and night very loudly, but he won't go over and say anything to them because he doesn't want to confront them when they're mad and screaming. I told him to call the police and tell them that he was afraid someone was getting hurt over there.


    Do you have a "quiet enjoyment" clause in your lease? If so, you may be able to force the landlord to do something.

Sponsored
Whisler Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals